Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCM Novices / Sub 4:30 Mentored thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭goofygirl

Hahaha RK I look the same in mine. Have to tell myself those thighs are pure muscle, pure muscle. There's one of me tearing the top off an energy gel with my teeth as well which is particularly flattering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

pics / links or gtfo :D

Nothing coming up for me at all which is scary

My marathon photo collection could be entitled "Who wears ill-advisedly short shorts? I wear ill-advisedly short shorts". Why did no one tell me split shorts are a bad idea if you're over 8 stone??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

pics / links or gtfo :D

I've only got 3, then I usually run in the middle of the road so probably miss all the cameras except those on corners.

RK bet you don't look like that at all, everyone thinks their own photos look far worse than they actually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

goofygirl wrote: »
    My marathon photo collection could be entitled "Who wears ill-advisedly short shorts? I wear ill-advisedly short shorts". Why did no one tell me split shorts are a bad idea if you're over 8 stone??

I was wearing capris, so my pics look like "who's wearing tent-like amounts of spandex? Kirby's wearing tent-like amounts of spandex!".

Proof: clickeh (short blonde hair, blue shirt, capris)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

She shoots, she scores! Thats the Holy Grail of Marathon Photos - both feet in teh air proves you were running. It took me 7 marathons to get one of them :mad:

RK I don't understand the Intraweb. How did you manage to post the link to that photo? You most certainly don't look obese by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Sub430

+ 1.

Did I do it or am I going to wake up in the shower with a wet keyboard? :rolleyes:

RK I don't understand the Intraweb. How did you manage to post the link to that photo? You most certainly don't look obese by the way.

I took a printscreen, opened Photoshop, cut out that part of the screen and saved it as a separate image, then uploaded it to an image host.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I was wearing capris, so my pics look like "who's wearing tent-like amounts of spandex? Kirby's wearing tent-like amounts of spandex!".

Proof: clickeh (short blonde hair, blue shirt, capris)

RK, I'm all for self deprecation, it is afterall, the no. 1 source of humour, but this is not the time. You should be the highest heldest headest in the whole wide world. You are legend.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thanks RK for the tip on how to rip the picture. Here I am with an extra leg and a pained expression. And one foot on the floor dammit.

20g1l6q.jpg
    It says proof cos its proof I did it. ;)

Aha I followed your instructions again RK and figured it out (technology is not my forte).

Here we go! That's me in the shocking pink and electric blue combo.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1040/lisay.jpg

How are everyone's toenails by the way? I have one black one. Also had some horrific sports bra chafing and welts but now they've just settled into scars.

My toenails survived remarkably well, despite my fears for 2 of them! What I thought was 2 toenails lifting was actually 2 rather large blisters. I didn't have any bra chafing, but that's because I used quite a lot of Body Glide on all relevant parts. I learnt that lesson the hard way at the Clontarf half...

marathon2009.png

"running.............. bloody hell"

How are everyone's toenails by the way? I have one black one. Also had some horrific sports bra chafing and welts but now they've just settled into scars.
    My toenails survived remarkably well, despite my fears for 2 of them! What I thought was 2 toenails lifting was actually 2 rather large blisters. I didn't have any bra chafing, but that's because I used quite a lot of Body Glide on all relevant parts. I learnt that lesson the hard way at the Clontarf half...

For the first time EVER in a run over 13 miles I didn't get any bra chaffing. Few weeks ago I bought new bras, anita extreme control and because of my accident never got to try them out on a long run but took the risk of wearing one on the day. I was pleasantly surprised when I stood under the shower to NO PAIN. They're all fleccy along the straps, ribcage and cups so theres no stitching to cause chaffing. 35 pounds a go but TOTALLY worth it for the comfort and support. M&S eat your heart out. :pac:
    marathon2009.png

"running.............. bloody hell"

Now I know which one you were in the Conrad. Anti social feckers. :)

Hope all you guys have sorted out your next marathon by the way. :D

Hope all you guys have sorted out your next marathon by the way. :D
    Undecided between Connemara, Cork and just waiting for Dublin next year. :)

Connemara would suit in terms of timing because Cork would involve peak mileage at exam time, but Cork has a flatter course. There is always the "just build mileage until it's time to start training for Dublin '10" option too...

I think you should do the Connemara Ultra :D

So many races, so hard to decide. :(

I think you should do the Connemara Ultra :D

So many races, so hard to decide. :(

Maybe in 2011 :pac:

Seriously, despite the pain, since Monday all I've been thinking is "When do I get to do this again?". I think I'm hooked...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Really annoyed cos I don't have photoshop :mad:. Is anyone thinking of buying their full set of photos from marathonfoto??

• Advertisement

The Gimp will do pretty much the same thing as PS.

Not planning on buying the full set, can't afford to.

menoscemo wrote: »
    Really annoyed cos I don't have photoshop :mad:. Is anyone thinking of buying their full set of photos from marathonfoto??
    I pasted into paint and it did the same job.

I dont think Ill buy em. Didnt catch my best side, lol.

Oryx wrote: »
    I pasted into paint and it did the same job.

I dont think Ill buy em. Didnt catch my best side, lol.

same here, I just used MS paint, selected the picture only, hit edit (i think / maybe file) and then copy to images.

this was the best one of me, I only look half demented, the others I look well and truly certifiable

...I look well and truly certifiable
    That I think is the official medical definition for marathoners. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Deadly photos folks, you all look brill. My photos still keep saying they're not completely updated yet so all I can get are thumbnails - there's a few good ones so I think I might get the CD with the discount code from the expo. It's my birthday tomorrow so maybe I'll treat myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hey folks, where are ye getting the pics from? I've tried MarathonFoto but they don't have the option on the drop down menu.
    Cheers.

I am such a technlogicaL DOUCHE. When I paste the printscreen into MS Paint I get all my internet tabs coming up at the top and all the programe tabs at the bottom. I literally get what I see on the screen. How do I just get the photo?? I need to be talked throught this lol. Please help. I promise to put up the results here (if I can).

I am such a technlogicaL DOUCHE. When I paste the printscreen into MS Paint I get all my internet tabs coming up at the top and all the programe tabs at the bottom. I literally get what I see on the screen. How do I just get the photo?? I need to be talked throught this lol. Please help. I promise to put up the results here (if I can).
    For anyone whos stuck.

Go to your thumbnails
    Click buy
    Click to enlarge image
    Image will open in separate screen
    Click printscreen
    Open paint
    Paste your screen shot in
    Select the bit you want
    Cut it and paste to a new page
    Save, upload, post here

woohoo got it done (I think) Lol instead of selecting my image and copying it, I was trying to delete everything around it LOL!
    Now let's see if this works:

marathonfoto.png

Yes...and I think both feet are off the ground?

• Advertisement

Yes...and I think both feet are off the ground?

all credit to airshots ;)

Advertisement