Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now i wont be able to sleep tonight...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

If you have an existing outdoor light it's just a matter of adding a motion sensor. Cheap and easy to install. Just follow the wiring intructions included.

Again ground anchors are easy enough to install. A good drill bit is all you really need. Should get a decent one for around €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

If you have an existing outdoor light it's just a matter of adding a motion sensor. Cheap and easy to install. Just follow the wiring intructions included.

Again ground anchors are easy enough to install. A good drill bit is all you really need. Should get a decent one for around €50.

well have no light at the moment
    im thinking of going the anchor route
    can u buy them in woodies/atlantic or just the bike shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Your local bike shop will have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Just smear along the top of the walls with engine greese.sdtops the little fu*kers from climbing over.

Grease/oil mixed with dog sh1te is better. The oil will keep the sh1te relatively moist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

I have a "DIY" ground anchor if you want it:
    Got the local metal works to make a "U" shape with legs on it. It's about 18in by 12in and 1inch thick. It's a little rusted over now.
    Planned to dig a big hole and set it in concrete, but never got round to it. Bike is sold now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Doesn't matter if it's "only" a moped boy, it's YOUR machine and YOUR two wheels and you're as much of a biker as a guy on here with a 500 or FJR. Remember that when you fall, you fall on the same tarmac.

Use the ground anchor and then go and grease some parts of the wall so they have LESS space to work with and thus will have to take more time in getting in and shifting your wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

bring the bike inside maybe?, its a small enough bike from the looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

bring the bike inside maybe?, its a small enough bike from the looks of it

Not exactly a good plan, in case the house caught fire! I don't think the house insurers would be too happy to pay out if the house went on fire and they found out there was a moped with a tank of petrol sitting inside the house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Bryn wrote: »
    Not exactly a good plan, in case the house caught fire! I don't think the house insurers would be too happy to pay out if the house went on fire and they found out there was a moped with a tank of petrol sitting inside the house!

i never thought of that i kept my moped in the hallway in two different houses i was renting,way to dodgy to leave outside!,but it would have been some bang if the petrol caught fire:eek:

op rather than putting grease or nails on the wall i think theres a paint that you can put on the top of walls that dosent dry,there is no reason someone should be jumping over your wall into your garden!

edit:just checked it on google it should be in b&q,known as anti-climb paint,but it can only be used on walls of a certain height and someone said you have to have tell the gardai you are applying it!! it will make a mess of anyone getting over your wall anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

bladebrew wrote: »
    edit:just checked it on google it should be in b&q,known as anti-climb paint,but it can only be used on walls of a certain height and someone said you have to have tell the gardai you are applying it!! it will make a mess of anyone getting over your wall anyway,

I have used anti climb paint on a number of places and never has the can said anything about ristictions on use , I have to say it's great stuff , makes a mess of any one that touches it , and lasts for 5 years(ish) , you can also get little rubber mats that you screw or glue to the top of the wall they hurt the hands like hell but dint damage them :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement