Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in polling stations on election day

Options
  • 27-04-2009 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm a poor student. Just wondering how I would go about applying for such work. Does anyone know who would be the correct people to apply to or contact? the guards/courts ?? im clueless about this! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

if u just ask one of the candidates or go to poitics.ie and youll find ur answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭BeanieBaby

A lot of these gigs have been wrapped up by teachers and retirees.

Same old faces each year, getting large sums of money for very little, with the teachers double jobbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I think it's more a case that you have to know people who know other people.

They get paid a fortune as well, would be half tempted myself to try and do it but it would be so tedious and boring and you could be in one of the polling stations with someone really boring that you just don't want to spend a full day with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

City Hall would be a good place to start...the Returning Officer is sticking out for me...don't know why though.

Advertisement