Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpert 11 Poker forum league - register interest here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

OK I found I have to be accepted first then make my team

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Flushdraw wrote: »
    How do you change your formation??

Just select different numbers of defenders/midfielders/forwards

There are only certain number of formations allowed, and as part of the games simplicity it doesnt make a difference between left and right sided players etc

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Hi Kev,

Have registered and applied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I'm in. rekopdog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

How do you set up friendlies? Anyone up for a match?

• Advertisement

I've challenged you to a friendly there. For anyone else that wants a friendly, go to league and then click on a team, there should be a challenge team button.

We have 19 teams so far. I'd like to get 5 more and then start a season with 3 divisions of 8 teams. 3 up, 3 down each season with 2 games every week, the seasons fly by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

how do u resign as manager of an old team?

how do u resign as manager of an old team?

In a diff league? I think you have to ask the league owner to kick you out Shane

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

id like to try this if its not too late

app sent

2009-05-03 09:30
    The Brig

-
    BVB
    Friendly Home ground: Bells Field Referee:
    Wanda Rinn (S7, H2)

• Advertisement

2009-04-30 09:30
    BVB

-
    HIVeindhoven
    FriendlyHome ground: Signal Iduna ParkReferee:
    Donald Scott (S3, H6)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Sent out friendly requests to Ste05, 5starpool and HIVEindhoven. I reckon these are the whipping boys so expecting a hatful of goals unless the chickensh1ts decline..

Quick question for anyone thats already in the league or is a VIP

1. Is the VIP worth it? Seeing as its only €8 for 3 months
    2. It says i can join an xpert league aswel as a private league. How can i join another league shile staying in the boards poker league?
    3. You start with 250 000 cash..To train a player costs 130 000 and to buy any semi decent player costs over a million..How the fk do you earn sponduleks in this game? (did some survey thing and got a few quid but i reckon they're few and far between)
    4. 2 leagues of 12 would be far better than 3 leagues of 8 IMO..
    5. Can i bid for players on someones team becuase you cant seem to..e.g can i click on Kevs team and bid for the pletera of stars he has?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Challenges has been issued ladies.Lets go...
    I got 1mill for doin some publicity thing. Any other ways ta earn d monies.
    Side bets in d matches maybe :D

Sent out friendly requests to Ste05, 5starpool and HIVEindhoven. I reckon these are the whipping boys so expecting a hatful of goals unless the chickensh1ts decline..

Quick question for anyone thats already in the league or is a VIP

1. Is the VIP worth it? Seeing as its only €8 for 3 months
    2. It says i can join an xpert league aswel as a private league. How can i join another league shile staying in the boards poker league?
    3. You start with 250 000 cash..To train a player costs 130 000 and to buy any semi decent player costs over a million..How the fk do you earn sponduleks in this game? (did some survey thing and got a few quid but i reckon they're few and far between)
    4. 2 leagues of 12 would be far better than 3 leagues of 8 IMO..
    5. Can i bid for players on someones team becuase you cant seem to..e.g can i click on Kevs team and bid for the pletera of stars he has?

Cheers

Hey Tony

1. VIP is alright, the main benefit is that you can be in a few extra leagues. However, for each league you have a different brand new team, so there is no benefit to your team to being in extra leagues. You also get access to some extra stats, but they don’t have any great impact on how I play the game. Most of them I’ll repost on the thread.
    2. As said above you get a different team for each league you are in.
    3. Every week you can partake in a sponsor activity and earn a maximum of 1 million bucks. You can click on ‘sponsor activity’ in the main boards league lobby. You can earn an extra 200K each week by keeping the sponsors happy with media activity. A 250 character press release each week will do this. The other way to earn $ is to sell players
    4. I’ve played in a few leagues with different structures, and 8 is by far the best. It keeps the season relatively compact, 2 games per week means the season finishes in 7 weeks. Also the 3 up 3 down means that most games matter up till the end. A 12 team league means that going into the last few games of the season a lot of games will be meaningless and people will get bored. Also the league will last longer so people might get too bored and not bother playing anymore, resulting in a lot of one sided results. If we don’t get up to 24 entrants though I’ll just aim for 20 and go with 2 leagues of 10.
    5. It is not possible to have intra-team transfers unless both teams are VIP. As only a few teams in our league are VIP, I have switched off the option of VIP teams transferring between themselves as this would be an unfair advantage.

As an aside – my team is rubbish 

Someone eventually will ask about a cup. There is an option to have a cup, but it means only league game is played each week. After a couple of weeks the majority of teams will be out of the cup, and only play one game each week. The season will last a good bit longer and again the risk of people getting bored comes into it.

Finally the game will pick six games each week for a pools competition, I imagine this being quite popular with the degens on here so will activate it, and set the weekly entry at 50,000 initially – until we have all built up some funds at least

You will get youth team players from time to time also and can actually request specific positions in the ‘team settings’ page.

At the end of every season there is a change report, and your players will gain (or lose) skill based on their average form over the season, match experience and age.

I think I’ve boxed off a lot of the stuff here. If anyone has any other questions let me know, alternatively the forum on the main page is handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

Count me in. Looks like a another great way to waste some time !
    kebabfest

when will the league start

Cheers for that Kev
    KevK wrote: »
    Hey Tony

1. VIP is alright, the main benefit is that you can be in a few extra leagues. However, for each league you have a different brand new team, so there is no benefit to your team to being in extra leagues. You also get access to some extra stats, but they don’t have any great impact on how I play the game. Most of them I’ll repost on the thread.

Meh doesnt seem worth it tbh. There's not enough depth in the game and even though its only a few quid, doesnt seem to have any real benifits
    2. As said above you get a different team for each league you are in.

I was meaning can i use Flushdraw FC in 2 different leagues or is it only 1 league per team. Guessing you need a different team for every league
    3. Every week you can partake in a sponsor activity and earn a maximum of 1 million bucks. You can click on ‘sponsor activity’ in the main boards league lobby. You can earn an extra 200K each week by keeping the sponsors happy with media activity. A 250 character press release each week will do this. The other way to earn $ is to sell players

Cool. Will try this. Could be 6 months down the line before you can start to buy any real players! Was looking at some of the big boys teams at the top of the best leagues. Wow what a team some of them have..jaw dropping compared to our accrington stanleys!
    4. I’ve played in a few leagues with different structures, and 8 is by far the best. It keeps the season relatively compact, 2 games per week means the season finishes in 7 weeks. Also the 3 up 3 down means that most games matter up till the end. A 12 team league means that going into the last few games of the season a lot of games will be meaningless and people will get bored. Also the league will last longer so people might get too bored and not bother playing anymore, resulting in a lot of one sided results. If we don’t get up to 24 entrants though I’ll just aim for 20 and go with 2 leagues of 10.

Yeah that sounds cool. You've more experience so know best and that all makes sense. Go for what you think.
    5. It is not possible to have intra-team transfers unless both teams are VIP. As only a few teams in our league are VIP, I have switched off the option of VIP teams transferring between themselves as this would be an unfair advantage.

Good thinking Batman. I like to see fair play. Maybe i'll play you in a friendly and use cheat/dirty tactics to take advantage!
    As an aside – my team is rubbish 

Someone eventually will ask about a cup. There is an option to have a cup, but it means only league game is played each week. After a couple of weeks the majority of teams will be out of the cup, and only play one game each week. The season will last a good bit longer and again the risk of people getting bored comes into it.

Finally the game will pick six games each week for a pools competition, I imagine this being quite popular with the degens on here so will activate it, and set the weekly entry at 50,000 initially – until we have all built up some funds at least

You will get youth team players from time to time also and can actually request specific positions in the ‘team settings’ page.

At the end of every season there is a change report, and your players will gain (or lose) skill based on their average form over the season, match experience and age.

I think I’ve boxed off a lot of the stuff here. If anyone has any other questions let me know, alternatively the forum on the main page is handy

Good work and cheers for that. I pressume the pools is 50k a man and if we have 20 players, the biggest luckbox gets 1 mirrion?

Das is correct about the pools FD.

22 teams regged now. 2 more and I'll schedule the start of a season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Team entered prepare for the pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

In, no idea how this works though.

I send off my application I think. In work now so i shouldn't be farting around with it atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Flushdraw, I sent you a friendly request, since I didn't get yours???

Can't have you calling me out and not take up the challenge... :p

Ste05 wrote: »
    Flushdraw, I sent you a friendly request, since I didn't get yours???

Can't have you calling me out and not take up the challenge... :p

Offer accepted....will pwn you just after i pwn Dom :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bring it....

League is created. 3 Divisions. The teams for each division were assigned by the game at random

2 games each week, at 20.30 (CET) each Tuesday and Friday.

First league game is next Tuesday.

GL all

Oh and the pools is 200K for the first week, 100K entry after that

Das is correct about the pools FD.

22 teams regged now. 2 more and I'll schedule the start of a season

Kev, explain the pools again for me please!

Was looking at it there and its not what i was expecting..

There's 6 matches...you can pick home/draw/away..couple of questions.

Do you have to choose a result for all 6 matches or can you pick any number?
    Are all the odds even money bets?
    It says stake is 200k?

Just seen above...200k is a bit steep and 50k a week would be better imo

Kev, explain the pools again for me please!

Was looking at it there and its not what i was expecting..

There's 6 matches...you can pick home/draw/away..couple of questions.

Do you have to choose a result for all 6 matches or can you pick any number?
    Are all the odds even money bets?
    It says stake is 200k?

Just seen above...200k is a bit steep and 50k a week would be better imo

Its very simple Tony (like most things in the game)

You pick the 6 results you predict. The person with the most results correct wins the pot. If multiple people have the most results right, then the pot is split amoungst them.

Unfortunately the first week is locked at 200K to enter. I can change it, but the change wont come in till gameweek 2. I'll make it 50K for gameweek 2 and after a few weeks (remembering we should all be able to collect 1.2mil per week from sponsors) I'll up it to 100K.

Oh and to answer your earlier question about transfers. Its important to remember that all teams start off with an overall skill rating of 3 bars, some individual players at the start may have 6 bars. In the transfer market you can pick up 7 bar older players pretty cheap, but its impossible to develop these players, high skilled younger players are expensive, as you can train these players and through the change report each year develop them into class players.

My advice also is to watch out for the youth players you get offered, very often you can train these guys up and turn them into superstars.

Hope that makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Hey Flushdraw just challenged you there , never got your offer.
    Press releases are good craic:pac:

Beat The Mafia 2-1 away in a friendly.

Will probly be my only win this season though

• Advertisement

Beat The Mafia 2-1 away in a friendly.

Will probly be my only win this season though

n1..

I'm due to play at 9.30 this morn.
    Is the clock Irish time? And is the result immediate?

Advertisement