Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpert 11 Poker forum league - register interest here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote: »
    Looking at loads of other teams, I think I got the worst squad to start off with, and results so far to match.

Nice.
    It's actually not that bad, that Liam Brennan could be a savage player for you, keep his form above 10 all season and he'll improve to be a smashing player for you.

Your defence is solid and pretty good actually.

Your keepers are good.

Midfield could do with strengthening but it's not terrible (it will be in a few seasons though)

And upfront 2 good players and the 3 older guys will do ya for this year, but I'd be looking to get rid of them smartish...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Think I'm pwning Division 2

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

5starpool wrote: »
    Looking at loads of other teams, I think I got the worst squad to start off with, and results so far to match.

Nice.

Mine is pretty dire too Dom. See you in div 2 soon.

2-1 away defeat to start the season :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Started with a 3-1 win at home...got all the rustiness out of the way pre-season!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Started with a 3-0 romp at home. Thats having a key player out injured and my xavi getting injured in the first minute. Promising season ahead!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mine is pretty dire too Dom. See you in div 2 soon.

2-1 away defeat to start the season :rolleyes:

U actually won this with a late penalty against my 1 eyed albanian keeper.

kebabfest wrote: »
    U actually won this with a late penalty against my 1 eyed albanian keeper.

nope. lost 2-1

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Started with a 3-1 win at home...got all the rustiness out of the way pre-season!

3-1 is such a nice scoreline isnt it Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭WhalloranIRL

Bad start, 1 - 0 up at half time, player sent off ! Loose 2 - 1 Damos Bandits is right - well robbed ... :D

3-1 is such a nice scoreline isnt it Tony

Yeah fantastic. But my opponents didnt line up, bend over, pull their pants down and get their arses fked like some other team i know...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I`ve a pretty ok squad but the fcukers are not puttin it in on the field. Time for intense trainin ta get my ronaldo wanna be posers ta start puttin the effort in.If not i`ll sell the fcukin lot of the sh1ts.

Think I'm pwning Division 2

Early dayz.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭HIVeindhoven

Mike hunt was effusive in his praise after HIV Eindhoven completed a thrilling comeback to draw 2-2 with the mafia. Having trailed by 2 goals at half time, 2 Randal Laws srikes (one in injury time) gave the Pinkos a well deserved point away from home.
    "Full credit to the lads, they picked themselves up after a bad start. thats the charcater that will win us the League."
    Hunt also paid tribute to 2 goal comeback hero Randall Laws ."Yeah full credit to Lawsy , really showed what he's made of. He really answered his critics who said his recovery from a serious Pot Limit omaha addiction whould affect his form"
    Laws famously came to blows with Former HIV manager David Generate after Generates overpair held against Laws 20 card wrap plus flush draw in a PLO game on the team coach returning from the teams humiliating Cup defeat at the hands of non-league Rehab Rovers last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Ok turns out I fielded a team with 10 players and 5 subs tuesday gonna use the full compliment friday:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

A nice 2-0 home victory versus The Brig although i lost my captain for 2 weeks to serious injury and had a defender dismissed for back chat lol but all in all 6 points from 2 games will do

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

Well, after the inexplicable opening day defeat, am back on track. A 5-2 win and 2 missed penalties!! Roll on Poke Her:D

2 wins from 2..ship ship :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Damo, are you still interested in playing this? The game shows you as having not logged in since the league was set up. I can let one of the lads waiting in the queue in if you dont want to play
    Sorry kev ive just been busy with the club for the past few days. I will get on it str8 away.

2nd loss in a row, as predicted my lot are gonna end up goin down this season I reckon. Gonna concentrate on trying to build a decent squad to bounce back next year.

In other news. Ship the pools win for 450K :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Boo ya, 2 nil away win with my new striker getting both goals.

• Advertisement

Just incase i'm missing something, is there anything else to sponsor than clicking the link and getting tip of the week? I've never been giving the opportunity to answer any questions? :confused:

"As in real life, a football team in Xpert Eleven is dependent on sponsors for the business to balance the books. Your team have the possibility to participate in sponsorship activities. These activities generate money that you can spend on training, buying players etc. You usually answer three questions regarding some sponsor. The activity can also be in the form of some general tip about Xpert Eleven, this kind of activity is called "Tip of the Week".

Three correct stated answers will generate 1 000 000 econ.
    Two correct stated answers will generate 500 000 econ
    One correct answer will generate 200 000 econ.

Every incorrect stated answer leads to - 250 000 econ. There is no effect on the result if you choose to not answer a question.

"Tip of the Week" will generate 1 000 000 econ. "

In other news......

Thieves have raided Carl-Emil Bleckert's home and stolen his collection of Koi carp. However, he has no emotional attachment to the fish, and as he is filthy rich, he simply goes out and buys some new fish and a new security system. His form is unaffected.

Ramón Helder decided to enter a darts tournament for a lark and not only discovered a natural talent for the game, but won the tournament. The player was so delighted to find a new hobby that form improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Ive never had to answer questions anyway.

Fair few of these sort of questions and probably a few helpful tips in the first few pages of the corresponding thread on the soccer forum btw.

Another comfortable win tonight. Had the luxury of a dis-allowed goal for shirt pulling, to come from a goal down to win 4-1

My players monopolising the charts so the top of the table clash with Ste next week is already a possible title decider :p:p

xpert11.jpg

[x] too much effort from Flushdraw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Wow that was lucky I was playing unclephils, I forgot about this and I ended up playing a defender upfront and he played a mighty 1!!

Roll on Flushdraw!!!!

My crowd of fcukers are in for some land tomorro.3 straight defeats.....I think i`ll sell and sack the lot of em and buy a load o cheap spanners and cash out me lollie
    NOT IMPRESSED......RIGGED I SAY :D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I got slaughtered 4-0 at home. Damn stupid game.

1st point of the season, wont be too many more I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

3/3. The secret is
    dont do anything
    lol

Although i am sure now i have cursed myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

4-0 away win. Could have been 6 or 7. Need i say more??? Who's next? De Bowez. The in-form team. Bring it on!!!

Advertisement