Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpert 11 Poker forum league - register interest here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Any chance of starting a league cup type competition in this Kev and also kicking out some of the in active managers and bringin some more new blood into the fray???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Whyno wrote: »
    Any chance of starting a league cup type competition in this Kev and also kicking out some of the in active managers and bringin some more new blood into the fray???
    Bringing in a cup makes it kinda crap because it means that one day a week is a league match and the the other is a cup match. So when half the teams get knocked out in first round, they'll only have one match a week for the rest of the season and it'll prob lead to more inactive managers. It also means that it'll take 14 weeks to complete a season

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Bringing in a cup makes it kinda crap because it means that one day a week is a league match and the the other is a cup match. So when half the teams get knocked out in first round, they'll only have one match a week for the rest of the season and it'll prob lead to more inactive managers. It also means that it'll take 14 weeks to complete a season

Surely we could arrange it someway...I need a challenge for my team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Agree with Pat about the cup competition. It would string out the season for far too long

Anyways, I'm bored of the x11 game overall and have been resigning from my other leagues. So if anyone wants to take over the running of this league please let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

When does the new season start ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Lplate

KevIRL wrote: »
    Agree with Pat about the cup competition. It would string out the season for far too long

Anyways, I'm bored of the x11 game overall and have been resigning from my other leagues. So if anyone wants to take over the running of this league please let me know

I have spoken to Kev and am willing to take over the running of the league. As a start, could everyone who is already involved and wants to remain so please post their intention here. Inactive managers will be dealt with quickly.
    Also, anyone else who wants to join post their interest here and clubs will be allocated on first come best club available basis.

Lplate wrote: »
    I have spoken to Kev and am willing to take over the running of the league. As a start, could everyone who is already involved and wants to remain so please post their intention here. Inactive managers will be dealt with quickly.
    Also, anyone else who wants to join post their interest here and clubs will be allocated on first come best club available basis.
    Yep, I wanna team

I`m not ready to retire yet....Have trophies ta win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

still in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

still in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

You can take me out please.

Roadsweepers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Remove me please if you haven't already done so.
    Cheers,
    Aya14

There are a few people quitting and some more that are inactive. Is there anyone else that wants to join? We need a few more to get the league up and running again.
    We only have 1 (ITTPAT) interested at the moment as far as I can see.
    I see redjoker and white knight further up the thread. Still want in lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm interested if there is a spot available.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Keep me in it. I'm aiming for my 3rd 5th place finish in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

There are a few people quitting and some more that are inactive. Is there anyone else that wants to join? We need a few more to get the league up and running again.
    We only have 1 (ITTPAT) interested at the moment as far as I can see.
    I see redjoker and white knight further up the thread. Still want in lads?

Sure, I may as well give it a shot - not going to win the FF

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    Yep, I wanna team
    eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm interested if there is a spot available.
    Sure, I may as well give it a shot - not going to win the FF

All in. Anyone else? Need 3 or 4 more.

I've spoken to Kev and we think that the best way of overcoming the numbers problem and keep going is to reduce the number of teams in the league. As far as I can tell there are 19 people definitely interested in taking part, with maybe Redjoker also. If we drop div 2 and make 2 divs of 10 teams we could get the new season going asap. Anyone else got ideas?
    Ill leave it until Wednesday pm to decide and to see if there is interest from anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭boba_fett3099

Still in

I've deleted the following teams from the game.
    The Mafia
    Uncle Phils
    Rafas Rant
    We Shall Not Be Moved
    Murfs Menaces
    None of them have been active during the past season at least. Kevs team disappeared when he resigned as league admin. That leaves 18 teams and 18 managers.
    ITTPAT,EAGLEEYE and WHITE KNIGHT should register in the game and post their usernames here or pm me. Meanwhile I'll figure out how to allocate a team to them.
    The new season will start next week with two divisions of 9 teams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I didn't buy a full team of 19-21 year olds for nothing:mad:
    Leave me in

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

im still in The Nut Peddlers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm still in also. I wanna kick some @ss in the new season. Lets get it going.

Maybe stick a couple of posts in the BBV to see if there's any interested managers that wont read this thread

I sent ITTPAT a pm last week on how to register his team but haven't heard back. I'm going to post instructions here for anyone wanting to play and give 2 days for them to register. I will then set the new league to start next Tuesday and anyone not in by then will have to wait for a new season. Eagle Eye and White Knight and anyone else that wants in should follow the instructions below.

1. Register a username with x11

2. On the home page use the search facility to find the league using id no 203915

3. When the league comes up use the Job Centre facility to see a list of managerless teams.

4. Click on the team of your choice and use the apply to take over button.

The best 3 teams there are Devastated (reigning champs), HIVEindhoven (last seasons champs) and Roadsweepers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Will I be able to use the BVB09 team I have at the moment

BVB wrote: »
    Will I be able to use the BVB09 team I have at the moment

Sure mate. I've only deactivated the teams of managers who either stopped playing or resigned.

I sent ITTPAT a pm last week on how to register his team but haven't heard back. I'm going to post instructions here for anyone wanting to play and give 2 days for them to register. I will then set the new league to start next Tuesday and anyone not in by then will have to wait for a new season. Eagle Eye and White Knight and anyone else that wants in should follow the instructions below.

1. Register a username with x11

2. On the home page use the search facility to find the league using id no 203915

3. When the league comes up use the Job Centre facility to see a list of managerless teams.

4. Click on the team of your choice and use the apply to take over button.

The best 3 teams there are Devastated (reigning champs), HIVEindhoven (last seasons champs) and Roadsweepers.
    Yeah I read that pm while I was in work and then forgot all about. I've made the application just there

ITTPAT and Eagle Eye registered and with teams. Once white knight registers I'll set the new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just applied to take over the roadsweepers.

• Advertisement

Ok we have 18 teams now, gonna make 2 leagues of 9 teams each tomorrow morning(ish). Good luck everyone.

Advertisement