Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown bin not collected - anyone know why?

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi All,
    my brown bin was due to be collected last friday, but it wasn't. Its all paid up so thats not the reason why. None of the bins on the street were collected. Rang Fingal to ask why and they weren't aware of it. They said they would call me back - they never did. Anyone else had this problem or know why they were not collected?

In Balbriggan BTW.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

There was an amendment to the timetable made 2 weeks ago. Did you get the update? AFAIK though there was a brown/black combined collection due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I'm in Balbriggan and our brown bin was emptied, as was the black. It can happen sometimes that a road is missed. Your best bet is to get back on to the Council, keep on them about it. If your bin is full and the mistake was theirs (sounds likely if the whole road wasn't collected), then they'll make provisions to allow people to put an extra bag of rubbish out. Maybe with your black bin, as opposed to an extra bag of brown bin stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

keep ringing them,and they will put you on a call back,maybe there was a blockage of some description,cars badly parked etc etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Emerald Lass

funny thing is I got a 'new' timetable in a few weeks back, but most of the collection dates are the same as the old one! I have asked them to send me another 'new' one. either way, it was either a brown bin only or a brown and black day - so either way it should have been collected.
    Someone has suggested that it was due to some cars parked blocking the street - however the council know nothing of this, and TBH there are always cars parked on both sides of the street and it hasn't stopped bin collections before! it certainly doesn't stop the HUGE lorries going into the building site, so there is no excuse why it would stop the bin lorry.
    Rang Council again today, and they said they knew nothing about it and had not had any other reports! they said maybe it was because I didn't have my stickers on, but that's not the case!

Advertisement