Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare Leisure in Naas

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:45am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭

Seen as the gyms in Monread and in the Osprey were unwilling to drop their membership prices, the new community gym is a welcome. Single gym and pool, €495, and for a couple is €680. Pay as you go for the pool is 6.50, and it's 8.00 if you want the gym and the pool. IIRC, I was quoted around 1300 with my partner for the first two places above, needless to say we didn't take them up on their offers. They have classes up in Kildare Leisure aswell (Spinning, cardio, body pump, pilates, circuits), and they're available on payg aswell, €7.

I have nothing to do with this place, just thought I'd put the word out about the good deals on offer!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Its a great place. I'm starting to go regularily, and its well worth the money. Thinking about getting a membership, but I'll wait to see if I stay going

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

K-Leisure is great!!

I was a member in 2 of the other 'private' gyms in the area and after using K-Leisure I finally feel like im finally getting value for my money.:D

The pay as you go option is a godsend to the area. I was going to the gym twice a week since it opened and realised that if you go more than 5 times a month to the gym its cheaper to get membership. my friend and his partner joined and its nearly half for a couple to join than anywhere else, which is only fair as it should not cost an arm and a leg to stay fit and healthy.

i havent tried out the pool yet but i have heard good reports. can anyone comment on the pool??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

25m adult pool plus a little kiddies pool. Its very nicely done out in the pool area, timber ceiling, tiles, deck is level to the water, blah blah. The water is just right, in terms of temp and chlorine content, i.e it doesn't sting your eyes. Even when its pretty full, like on weekends with kids everywhere, it doesn't get too noisy or echoey, so you can hear yourself think and talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Hey,

I know this thread has been inactive for a while but I was just wondering whether anyone can tell me if this place gets really busy in the evenings? Busy as in you haven't much of a hope getting past all the muscle on the weight machines!

Thanks,

L

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

Hey,

I have since gained employment in K-Leisure since my last post on this thread.

I have recieved no complaints ever regarding machine or weight delays.

Your best option is to call down at the time you would normally work out and go for a pay as you go visit to the gym for €8 which includes a swim and sauna/steam.

Hope this helps

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've started to use the pool in K Leisure Naas recently on pay-as-you-go basis.
    I love how it's open and fairly airy without that stuffy, too-much-chlorine-in-the-air-that-my-eyes-sting-like-hell most pools have.
    The only bit I'm not keen on is the shower afters for all to see, even the ones sitting in the coffee dock often take a glance or two when I'm shampooing my hair. If the family shower room is available I would prefer to use it instead.

I have yet to use the gym so I dunno what it's like.

I give 2 thumbs up for K Leisure Naas -- and the staff are very friendly :)

Advertisement