Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shadow priest

Options
  • 28-04-2009 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

hey guys,

started leveling a priest a while back, level 33 atm. Just need to ask a few questions. I dont know much about rotations for shadow priests so if anyone could give me a few pointers it would be appreciated. Also I seem to be using alot of mana, its all gone by my second kill. Is that normal?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

End game there isn't a rotation, but rather a priority list.

For levelling though (bear in mind it's been a couple of years since I levelled, so I could be completely out of date), it's PW:S->MB->[noparse]SW:P[/noparse]->MF until dead. This is the build I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭KilOit

For leveling i wouldn't use shadow word pain it uses to much mana and will only tick twice or so before mob is dead

For you i would use with -vamp touch - mind blast- mindflay-mindflay

Your mindblast will give you mana back if you have vamp touch on the mob

For a boss rotation the dps rotation is
    devouring plague- vamp touch- mind flay -shadow word pain- mind blast -mind flay- mind flay- vamp touch

keep in mind to get max dps you will have to keep devouring plague and vamp touch up at all times and also keep mind blast on cooldown, you only have to cast sw:p once on a mob your mind flay will refresh it

This is probably somewhat overkill for lvl 33 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

KilOit wrote: »
    For you i would use with -vamp touch - mind blast- mindflay-mindflay

Your mindblast will give you mana back if you have vamp touch on the mob
    Except he can't get VT until level 50 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

cheers for all the help guys. has helped me alot and that spec was useful aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dobthe1st

dont forget to get a decent wand to finish mobs off, this along with spirit tap should reduce the time spent drinkin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

cheers dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Hmm

As a shadow priest keeping up pw:shield until you get shadow form is essential. Just remember this as a basic rule for almost all casters levelling up, use ur longer casts to pull the mob as its useful to have instants not on cd when it comes to getting interrupted my a mellee mob.

Advertisement