Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get my tattoo???

Options
  • 28-04-2009 7:04am

I am looking to get some Japanese writing (7 characters) in a tattoo. I had considered on my inside forearm but i just think it looks a bit common now. How do you think it would look around my wrist, about where you'd wear a watch? Or have you any other ideas?
    It has to be somewhere i can see as its for me and not a statement

Also, is celestial ring in Stephens Green still the best place for this type of tattoo?

Any ideas much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

geeby wrote: »
    It has to be somewhere i can see as its for me and not a statement

my back tattoo isn't a 'statement'... it was done for me and is rarely even seen by anyone other than me these days.

as for not having it on your forearm as it's common.... some things are common because they look good like that :D round your wrist would make the characters very small and the wraparound would probably mean you wouldn't be able to see all 7 at once, dunno if that make any differance to you.

you could use your leg maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

you said you're getting japanese writing? and you also said it looks common.

you're probably thinking of chinese charcters being the common ones. japanese kanji can be similar to their chinese counterparts as that's what they're derived from, however if you don't want to get something as common, i'd suggest going for hiragana/katakana characters instead.

to sum it up, they're essentially the syllables of the japanese language but i think they look much slicker and neater than kanji.

what is it you want your tattoo to say?

edit: just reread your post and realised it's WHERE you're getting your tattoo that you consider common. anyway, my point still stands, hiragana over kanji any day! :D

Advertisement