Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Aryan' vs 'African' soul

• 28-04-2009 7:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

OK, this aint a PC thread but it's what I've been thinking. To me, the extreme aryan population and the extreme African descent population offer two ends of a psychological spectrum. One is more towards sensitivity, conscience, neurosis, objectivity, long life and wanting to preserve too much, lesser health, worse aging etc, the other towards liberation and instinct, soul, passion, insousciance etc. Both have the same meritocracies and variation within.

Which direction you think is more interesting is up to you. But being exposed to the aryan soul will leave you opened up, you might percieve it as offering more emotional link but it can be deceptive how good that really is. Whereas the African soul offers you some personal freedom, not feelign confronted, and a journey into the mysterious.

There is the most genetic diversity there so maybe we should be making forays and bracnhing out from people too genetically similar.

It's like sitting in our rural idyll with our white middle class partner, may be represented as fulfillment but if you have the same soul, same eyes, are thinking the same thoughts and are there for 40 years, is that really liberation? Maybe someone else could teach you to let go. You could experience a different soul and learn from trying to bridge the gap, go towards the mysterious together. Live in a city with different genetics, and it's competiton, capitalism, short term relationships, anonymity may seem soulless to some. Or is it just escaping ones so-called 'being true to oneself' type instincts and actually experiencing something more mysterious?

Ok don't slate me for this, we all have grandiose thoughts and non-PC ones, so tell me if it rings a bell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What's a soul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Affable

Thaedydal wrote: »
    What's a soul?

You're being literal minded. The spirit, the emotional spirit. Feeling they give off.

It's not an academically proficient thread, it's just for people to get the emotional jist of and see if they relate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you are going to premise your arguement or tought experience as soul v soul you need to explain the concept of the soul with in your context.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Affable wrote: »
    It's not an academically proficient thread, it's just for people to get the emotional jist of and see if they relate.

This is the philosophy forum, I suggest you read the forum charter and read up on the nature of philosophy before starting another thread in this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement