Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Grinds

Options
  • 28-04-2009 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hey im thinking of getting these cd's for higher level maths are they worth 40 euros . has anyone had any experience with them thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

I got the one for Paper 1 honours maths last year, they aren't that great to be honest. All that is on them is 2005, explaining how to do it, some really gay music that even when you silence it, still comes on, silly little games at the end of each question if you get the question right.

To put it simply, it is 1st year stuff with higher level maths questions stuck in...DEFINITELY not worth €40

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

this is really weird im actually installing it as i type ha,

it only cost me a tenner tho, my maths teacher took a tenner of all 10 of us and made copies of the disc (it better not have only cost him €40:D)

i havent tried it yet but my teacher reckons its pretty good but that it over simplifies things. Ill give ye my opinion when it actually installs (its taking long enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think I used this once, your wan's voice is not pleasant to listen to and there's stupid games and it's insanely over simplified. Do NOT pay 40 euro for it. (I got mine for free, my teacher charged one to the school and gave us all a copy ;D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

dannym08 wrote: »
    it over simplifies things.

Yes, it does. It spends ages telling you how to multiply out (3x+2)(x+4)...your sitting their thinking ya, I knew that from 1st year...just get onto the bit with the factor theorem in it...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Is it just me or does digital grinds crap sound gimmicky. Best way to learn anything is face to face with an actual teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

jus tried em there a while age.

Oversimplification is an understatement....it oversimplyfies it to the point where its more complicated that u began with.

Since i got it for a tenner i dont mind but i wouldnt even consider spending €40 on it.

it has funny videos as rewards tho haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 infinite123

I don't normally write in these things but I thought it was good... some parts not so much but I just skip past those.

I've gone up a couple of grades easily since using them this year.

Here are a couple of good links I've found that are free to use:

www.allhonours.ie

www.digitalgrinds.ie/freeGrind.html

www.skoool.ie

Anyone else got any more?

Just noticed these comments are 3 years old.

Opps.

Hope you all passed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Just noticed these comments are 3 years old.

Opps.

Hope you all passed! :D
    2010-2009 = 3 years old?

I'm guessing you need a lot more than digital grinds :p

• Advertisement

Haha!

I was looking at the join date :-p

Oh well! haha.

I guess I need sleep!

ZZZzzzzz!

Advertisement