Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDs & books -- where to sell?

• 28-04-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

We'll be moving house shortly and I'm hoping to get rid of most of my books and CDs during the move.

I've about 800 CDs (all commercial releases, mix of ambient/classic/modern) and around 500 books, mix of fiction/science fiction/non-fiction.

What's the going rate for selling such items second-hand, and can anyone recommend some good shops in the city center that buy in bulk?

(I"m not expecting to get rich from this, but in the current climate, any extra cash is welcome.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Chapters will probably buy them off you, or you could try selling them on adverts.ie but thats likely to be a lot more hassle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why not try adverts.ie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I hadn't thought of Chapters, despite the fact I used to buy loads of stuff there -- thanks! Just sent them an email.

I think adverts.ie will be too much hassle -- I'd expect most people will want to cherry pick, which would defeat the purpose of clearing space.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭cycling is fun

why not go to a car boot sale you will get next to nothing from Chapters, l know l tried this avenue before was better off keeping them in the end

Advertisement