Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Lists

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

I wonder is this a record? I opened my 5 year old's bag this morning to find her book list for next year. The school want €80 by Friday for voluntary contribution(€30) and art materials etc(€50). 4 months in advance!!!
    I have no problem paying it all in the sense that I had the kids so I'll take full responsibility for them but asking for payment 4 months in advance is a bit much. I think I'll send down a post dated cheque with a note attached.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I wouldn't mind the paying 4 months in advance bit as maybe they are getting a good deal to buy now for next year or something like that. The part that would bother me would be the short notice...pay by this friday seems a bit much to ask in some peoples circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I kind of doubt the good deal bit since it's only art materials and senior infant jigsaws and games though I'm open to correction on that. The short notice is ridiculous I agree as so many people are under pressure with job losses and pay cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

giving people just a week is ridiculous, my fellas voluntary contribution is €100 - obviously am willing to pay it but finding it can be hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Those short notice things can be very annoying alright. Although sometimes my daughter wouldnt give me the notes from school, and i would find it crumpled at the bottom of her bag a week or 2 later.
    Or like this morning, she was dressed and in her uniform, and then she tells me, "its jersey day today, i've got to wear a jersey"..
    am..she doesnt own a jersey, but if i had known sooner i could have got one.

anyhoo...the post dated cheque...dont see the point. Just pay the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I'll only postdate the cheque for a couple of weeks as I had to pay out 1100 for dentist for two of the other kids on Monday! The letter was dated Monday as it happens. I really don't mind paying. The kids get a good education in the school and it's well run. I just think the short notice is poor form these days. I haven't got a bottomless pit to pay out money whenever someone says they want it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

more notice would of course be better, maybe they want to get this over before the summer and the expense of back to school.

€50 for art etc, probably covers things like photocopying and MIST test ,folders for new words/shared reading too.

Advertisement