Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The eligibility criteria for O2 upgrade?

• 28-04-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what the eligibility criteria is for an phone ‘upgrade’ on O2. I joined O2 mid-April last year on a free SIM and ported an old phone – i.e. I did not receive any phone subsidy of any sort. Since then I have spent €70-100 per month on an 02 Experience Billed Monthly account.

I kinda figured once the anniversary rolled round I would become eligible for an upgrade, but just checked there online and it seems I am still ineligible.

Just curious, now, not actually needing an upgrade, but what’s the normal criteria?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You will have to bring both sets of grandparents and your communion money that has been certified by a Justice of the peace as having been untouched and then they will gove you €5 off.... Nah the upgrades have gone to pot lately best to ring and ask CS what the story is and then be prepaired to port away from them if they kick up.

MC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

if its prepay they are rubbish. the "upgrade" is usually a worse deal than for a new prepay customer. I was offered an upgrade and found I was better off joining as a new customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Genghis

You will have to bring both sets of grandparents and your communion money that has been certified by a Justice of the peace as having been untouched and then they will gove you €5 off.... Nah the upgrades have gone to pot lately best to ring and ask CS what the story is and then be prepaired to port away from them if they kick up.

MC

LOL - thanks, I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Low end upgrades on O2 billpay were each 18 months. You could sign for a 12 month contract but the upgrade didn't come for another 6 months. I am interested in whether these silver upgrades have been coming regularly (as distinct from the high end ones)?. I am about at the end of a contract. I can ring them but as upgrades reflect a forward looking contract they probably won't guarantee me anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

maybe it's a case of waiting for your April bill to be paid first? The year might be classed as 12 bills from signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

O2 experience billed account??

Are you sure you are on bill pay?

I can take a look for you if you want to PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Genghis

Absolutely 100% on Bill pay, DD paid every month, no fail. As I said, I am just curious, don't actually need a phone, but might PM you when I do - thanks Daryl. Just the fact I moved with my own phone I thought I would be a good case for automatic upgrade, if not from the start, then certainly after a year.

Possible good point there matchthis, will way my My02 page in May.

Advertisement