Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marco Pierre White, or Patrick Guilbard Restaurant?

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on which to go for?? Reviews?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I have only been to Guilbards. I found it up it's own hole to be honest with you. The food was certainly tasted good and was creative, but I just thought it was over the top. Waiters in badly fitted tux's hovering around was a bit disconcerting, they were a bit in your face, I have been to places where the service was as good but more discreet.

I won't be going back, the prices just didn't reflect.

I'd recommend Chapter one for a real treat.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64396

you are probably better posting that in the food and drink forum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

thanks, i put a post in there as well :)

Its a one year thing and i have a reservation in Fire atm, but i dont think its nice enough. So what you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I was only in Fire once and it was awful BUT... this was coming up to xmas when most restaurants are dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

They're completely different offerings.

Marco Pierre Whites is a nice steakhouse but that's all. It's still Fitzers, just redecorated. Gilbaud is a Michelin starred full service restaurant.

Fitzers for lunch, Gilbaud for dinner would be a good days eating :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement