Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford Nightlife

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Heading for a girls w/e in carlingford this w/e. Not a hen so not looking for anything too wild (just a little ;-). But where is good to go out pubwise/club in carlingford? And where is nice to go for dinner? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Some nice pubs and restaurants in Carlingford but it is pretty quiet and even more so at this time of the year. You'd be much better off getting a minibus into Dundalk or Newry if you were looking for something a bit wilder.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

Nah wouldnt be doing with busing it elsewhere. Its carlingford for the night. Naaah dont have to be mad as we have a laugh no matter where we are. Just looking for some names of good pubs/restaurants so we have somewhere to aim for... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭MariMel

Try Magee's Bistro, the Kingfisher......the oystercatcher.....in carlingford you have a choice of good restaurants. Magees being my fav.
    As for somewhere to go out.....PJ's for a few drinks then down to the hotel...McKevvitts for their 'niteclub'. Can be good craic and carlingford even at this time of year you can nearly always be sure of one or two hen/stag parties floating around.
    Then up to Food for Thought on the sunday morning for breakfast!!

Cheers for the info!!Also, would there be any supermarkets near carlingford so we can get some food/drink in, staying in an apartment!?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bogman44

There are a couple of convenience stores in the village - Londis and Costcutters. Newry is only 15 mins away though or you could stock up in Dundalk.
    Off-license in PJs (Anchor Bar). Best pub in Carlingford imo. Can get a bit lively at the weekends and i think it has an extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

mcballer wrote: »
    Cheers for the info!!Also, would there be any supermarkets near carlingford so we can get some food/drink in, staying in an apartment!?

Your not too far from Newry so my advise would be to stock up there instead of buying alcohol in expensive convenience stores!

Carlingford is lovely and the pubs can be quite busy at the weekends. But as you said, you girls will make your own fun!!

Watch out Carlingford!!

Cheers for the replies. At least we have some ideas to run with now :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

There's a nice little cafe/shop up a hill there somewhere. :D

Ya i think i know where u mean joeperry....went there one time with a SOME bloke!!!Haaaa food was good thou!!!Pink lemonade was great too....;)

Advertisement