Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie XBOX 360 Street Fighter 4 Tournament-Fixtures and Results

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Finished my matches ages ago, its a shame that ppl put their names down who are NEVER on, i mean ....if your not gonna be on at least 2-3 nights a week theres no point.

Been tryin to get my other matches for the esports thing, but myself and Styles having awful trouble connecting to one another.

I see the same ppl on Live all the time...theres some I've never seen on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I've tried to get my matches played but between having to work late last few weeks (whips and deadlines and all that) and people not being online/not playing there's not much that can be done :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GOUP B
    Kirby (HokemPokem) 10 - 3 Davey909 (Davey909)

Good games man. Dunno what I was thinking picking sagat that that time. I'm useless with him and you ate my face with blanka :p. Rog jab is insane priority too. Made me eat it alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Group B

Kirby 10 - 3 Davey909

Great games man. Your Dhalsim is great, very hard to play against. Really enjoyed the games!

Kirby wrote: »
    Good games man. Dunno what I was thinking picking sagat that that time. I'm useless with him and you ate my face with blanka :p. Rog jab is insane priority too. Made me eat it alot.

Lol, yeah would have liked to see more of your Sagat ;). Sorry about the jab spam with Balrog, he was the only character I seemed to be having much luck with against you.

• Advertisement

No problem at all. Its Balrogs greatest weapon, and alot of his combo's start with it. Jab, Jab, Jab, headbutt, ultra for example.

Your jump in and wait caused me so much trouble with rog because of his high priority jump ins. There are a few moves to counter it but I was always a little too slow. Its a personal weakness of mine against charge characters. Im fine against bison but chun li and balrog give me headaches. tip for anyone fighting me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Added most folk here tonight,

For those interested we have a Fighting games forum, and I've compiled some stats for all xbox players involved in the comp.

nobody else playing their matches?

Disappointing really. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Ive two fellas left to play for there never on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Ditto. I'm still game for continuing on with the tournament with whoever is still interested.
    I'll get that proof of battle achievement yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭ixm1980

3 left. 2 lads are never on...Why enter if you have no interest in playing?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thats it guys, league section is closed.

In order to help me, please let me know if you actually want to continue with such tournaments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got internet and all sorted in my new place so I'd be up for continuing or doing any tournys in the future.

Cheers Futureguy, I would like to continue in future tournaments.

I'd be up for any future tournaments. Enjoyed playing in this one, pity it fizzled out the way it did.

shame really. I was looking at the winners in the other groups and looking forward to playing them.

New tourney....actives only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sry guys..never got to play..been up the walls with work lately and never got a chance. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

Every time i have been on no one has been on. dont get on to much these days busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Will definitely join in, should have the box back on friday (fingers crossed) :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Yup, definitely up for any future tounrnaments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Stylesclash1702

sorry i couldnt get on more work was hard last while and my xbox dead too one red light e 74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I'll play in any future ones, I'm sure Fists McGuirk will too.

Can i suggest you take a not of who didnt play any games etc in this tournament and scrub their names off any future ones, as people like yourself who im sure would have loved to play had to miss out.

Its clear as day who put the effort in....and who didn't. You may have reasons..good ones infact...but it doesn't matter. These tourney's are for people who have the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SeanMcGuirk

Yea count me in for future tournys please :-) Enjoyed this one.... Even though I was whopped out of it in every match :-p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,788 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry guys for missing out. My wireless router is acting the total arse. When I did get on I tried getting a game with burning eclipse (I think) and it wouldn't let us connect and now the router just won't let me get online with anything. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sorry guys for missing out. My wireless router is acting the total arse. When I did get on I tried getting a game with burning eclipse (I think) and it wouldn't let us connect and now the router just won't let me get online with anything. :/
    Sort yourself out man.

Might be an idea to run future tounrys from the Fighting Games forum? So that only people with a vested interest will sign up. Might miss some people who are geniually interested from this forum though...

In fairness to Retr0gamer he was in touch via pm to let us know he was having problems and trying to fix it. There were others who ignored all communication and attempts to set up matches, I'm more mad at them.

How about we make a list of people on this thread that want to fight again in future? Copy the below and add your name...

Boards - Gamertag
    James Howlett - Seamarse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Boards - Gamertag
    James Howlett - Seamarse
    Craze7 - I Am Craze7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Boards - Gamertag
    James Howlett - Seamarse
    Craze7 - I Am Craze7
    Sagat06 - Sagat08 (switching to Eircom, hoping for better connection :D)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone that signs up to future events needs to be able to commit to it fully. If you have no time or constant internet problems, it's going to be hard to do so.

Advertisement