Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re Project Management

• 28-04-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    Trying to work out the best option re training / certification in Project Management. I am an IT Graduate with around 15 years experience - thinking of doing the Masters in Project Management (Distance Learning) in UL ... however I am wondering would I be wiser to simply focus on becoming Prince2 certified? For example I was looking at the Certified Project Management Diploma available via the Institute of Project Management Ireland ... however I know nothing about this institute ...
    Can anyone offer advice on which is the best way to approach Project Management Training ...
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

You might want to ring UL as I heard a rumor that the masters course may not be running next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

it is quite expensive too...year 1 is 8-9k

• Registered Users Posts: 6 near007

Thanks to you both ... it is apparently going ahead but as you say it is very expensive ... 8,490 for year 1 ... so I am "rethinking my strategy" ... was hoping my company would sponsor me but in these current times of gloom thats not an option and I certainly can't justify spending that sort of money on a masters in proj mgt ... so might just concentrate on getting some professional certifications instead ...
    Thanks again for you input!

Advertisement