Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low (ish) FPS on Jing Gong AUG A3

Options
  • 28-04-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Since there's lots of talk about the A3 lately...

I got a JG AUG A3 recently, my first AEG, and brought it out for the first time on Sunday. The chrono at Rathbeggan clocked it at about 240 FPS, which surprised me because everything I've read about that AEG has it firing at over 300 out of the box or even needing to be downgraded to make it Ireland-legal.

Presumably more power would increase its range, and part of the reason I chose that AEG was because of its rifle-length barrel for range and accuracy, so this is something I'd like to address to get the most out of my toy.

Anybody got any thoughts on what might be wrong with it? Reckon it's a glitch that needs to be fixed, or just the luck of the draw and any power increase will be achieved by normal upgrades?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Thats a pretty low fps for an aeg. If you bought it from an irish shop or website where it was advertised as being 300fps or more then id bring it back and ask them to chrono it in front of you. If its still way too low you can ask them to upgrade it to an acceptable level or just get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

As alzir said bring it back to the retailer and get it sorted/replaced. If you bought it from hong kong and had it ''downgraded'' it may have been a quick botch job. This is why i buy irish when it comes to aegs now it's not worth it if anything goes wrong buying from hk...

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

zero19 wrote: »
    As alzir said bring it back to the retailer and get it sorted/replaced. If you bought it from hong kong and had it ''downgraded'' it may have been a quick botch job. This is why i buy irish when it comes to aegs now it's not worth it if anything goes wrong buying from hk...

my A3 came frome an irish shop. it clocks at 216fps. the nozzle is drilled. i bought it at christmas. i only got it tested there at the gathering. i was surprised at how low it was. so now i gota replace the air nozzle thing and probably put a new spring in (as it will probably be plenty hot with a fixed nozzle). oh joy. another A3, bought in an irish shop was cronod at 350fps at the gathering, according to its owner. thankfully the lad had another aeg. i think his was brand new, so he will probably have no bother getting it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Hmm, I bought it from Eirsoft and they said it's got a 3-month warranty (hope I still have the receipt though), but nothing's advertised about its power either on the site or to my face when I was there so I don't know if this'd be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Hmm, I bought it from Eirsoft and they said it's got a 3-month warranty (hope I still have the receipt though), but nothing's advertised about its power either on the site or to my face when I was there so I don't know if this'd be covered.

It is - bring it back and we'll sort you out while you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Shiva wrote: »
    It is - bring it back and we'll sort you out while you wait.

Wow, excellent - glad I did my research and went for the shop with the excellent customer service reputation! Hopefully I can be in tomorrow evening, if I can figure a way to bring it to work without security throwing a fit; otherwise Saturday. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Malone1994

You don't need a receipt if you bought from eirsoft. My dboys M4 broke and brought it back to the shop and they said they'd fix it. BUT i think you need the box and every thing that comes with the gun except for the BBs

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

Malone1994 wrote: »
    You don't need a receipt if you bought from eirsoft. My dboys M4 broke and brought it back to the shop and they said they'd fix it. BUT i think you need the box and every thing that comes with the gun except for the BBs

i doubt you need the box or any of that. if there is a problem with something they sold they will probably sort you out as best they can within reason. i am just kicking myself for not getting my aeg cronoed until 6 months after purchase.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

You do actually need a receipt but in most cases you'll be remembered anyway so its not always necessary. :)You also dont need to bring in anything other than the faulty gun unless theres going to be an exchange if your gun cant be repaired but its very rare for a gun not to be repairable.:)

Advertisement