Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dominick St SWO - Camera crew??

Options
  • 28-04-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

i went down this morning to sign for the first time at dominick st swo. when i was walking up i noticed there was a camera crew recording the queue and they also had one of the big fluffy microphones so i guess they were interviewing people. i dont think they were from RTE as i didnt see and logo's or anything on their person, however i had my hood up and head down. when i was on the way out they had the camera just outside the door getting everyone on the way out. is this common out SWO's? anyone know what they were doing there?

personally i wanted to tell them to fúc* off and get the cameras out of peoples faces, they could have shot form across the road and still shown how many were in the queue instead of walking up and down in front of everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

I'll be there in a few weeks. What is the procedure and how long were you there>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I have had to sign on in the past and I hope I don't have to once again any time soon - I can't imagine that anyone wants to have this grim time recorded and subsequently broadcast for other peoples amusement as they chat and sip cups of tea..... Its an unwelcome invasion under the pretence of serious, well intentioned journalism......

This type of pseudo-sincere journalism seems to have started with Paddy O'Gorman haunting the dole offices and wherever else seeking out tales of hardship and woe with the empathy typical of a hungry, talentless vulture.

- Henry McKean from Newstalk rips off this formula now on a daily basis - meaning that he is both exploitative and unoriginal......
    So you've no money left to buy teabags or the kids lunches? Yeah, yea, hmmm, yeah, What about dinner tonight? Will it be beans- aha, yeah, yeah..... I see yeah.

FFS - All it takes is the ability to get in peoples faces, be shameless, and persistent and above all - take advantage of peoples trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

I'll be there in a few weeks. What is the procedure and how long were you there>

you will have got a letter telling what desk you have to sign on at, make sure you bring this or remember the number. it only takes a minute to sign, just the queue to worry about. the desk i was at had the smallest queue and i was in and out in 25 mins. i was outside the building at 9.30, i guess if you left it until later you could be there all day. they were asking some people for picture id too, didnt ask me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Advertisement