Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore train

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I would like to see if any one has them some photos of the old tramore train, i have seen the photos on UTd.If there was any other photos it would just great to see them. I am at this moment retracing the route of the Train.I have taken photo's (video) of what is left to-day, but it would be great to try and do a then and now photo.

Regards

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sullys website has a few photos
    http://www.discovertramore.ie/

Very little left of where the train used to go by

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not related to Waterford City so will move to Waterford County.

There are photographs of the train on the County Museums website, not a huge amount more though. The ones on the Discover Tramore website were supplied by local historian Andy Taylor and are the common ones in circulation. Im not so sure what other pictures are floatin around that are easily accessible - I tried to buy a rare book on this from eBay but I was outbid. Unforutantely, the museum was not so helpful.

Topic Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Not related to waterford city, what city do you live in, this train maybe called the tramore train but it left waterford city.It's loco yards where in waterford city the MANOR station was in Waterfrod city.

Waterford city stretches out to the ring road, please be a good chap and return this tread to it proper place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Thanks for the geography and history lesson but the thread will be remaining here.

Any further issues, please take them to PM "like a good chap" or Help Desk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭soldering iron

Sully wrote: »
    Thanks for the geography and history lesson but the thread will be remaining here.

Any further issues, please take them to PM "like a good chap" or Help Desk.

There's one lesson that was wasted on an individual, there a little 'chaps" with very big egos. The difference between a man and a little chap with a big ego is to admit her/she is wrong.

This particular tread has more impact in waterford city, that because and here another lesson waterford City is a lot bigger in population that Tramore.

• Advertisement

Take a few days break and come back when you want to talk about this in a more mature way.

Im leaving this in the County as the train is more known as Tramore/County based. Sure enough it may arrive in the city and have a station on Manor Street but it played a possibly bigger role outside of the city. For that reason, and that reason alone, I decided this thread is better in the county.

Anybody who thinks otherwise is, as always, welcome to send myself or any of the other mods a PM and we can discuss it. Lets not drag the thread any further off topic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I didn't realise that was your site sully. Some great old pictures of tramore on there. Actually we have one at home of the metal man being repainted. THe father managed to convince the painter to let him up on the cherry picker with him. Great statue though.

I'll have a look through some of my books at home for pictures of the train. We're bound to have something in all those local history books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Gallery

I remember the last day this train travelled to Waterford from Tramore. I lived at Tivoli Tce. at that time and the train passed behind my home. When the line closed the land was sold to the house owners in Tivoli and the line became our back garden.

The Waterford News & Star or the Munster Express offices may be able to assist you with photos. John Barry, local retired photographer, may be able to assist. He has a collection of old photos of Tramore.

Hope this helps.

I didn't realise that was your site sully. Some great old pictures of tramore on there. Actually we have one at home of the metal man being repainted. THe father managed to convince the painter to let him up on the cherry picker with him. Great statue though.

Any chance of a copy? :P Im taking new photos this year, and looking for any decent photo available that someone wants to donate. New or old!
    I'll have a look through some of my books at home for pictures of the train. We're bound to have something in all those local history books.

The history books of Tramore is where a good chunk of the photos came from, provided by local historian Andy Taylor :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I'll say it to him about the photograph. Might have to put his name on it or something though but I'll run it by him :)

• Advertisement

I'll say it to him about the photograph. Might have to put his name on it or something though but I'll run it by him :)

Thats what we have done to date, and we watermark the photo so its not easily lifted. :) Feel free to send me a PM further about this. Thanks.

Advertisement