Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda connection - Chorus-branded socket on the wall

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi there,

It may be a stupid question, but I thought that Chorus transmits through satellite as well (in Drogheda at least), and I will be able to connect skybox to the same socket and have sky. This is what I have done some time ago at my previous apartment in Drogheda, and it worked flawlessly. Now I have skybox that says, that there is no satellite transmission. Is that ok? I started to think that my skybox is broken or sth (I have it for some time).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Hi.

Sounds to me you are trying to plug in a skybox to a cable tv connection, hence no signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭tamlinek

it is possible, but I thought Chorus' mmds is carried from satellite dish to receivers :/

Just looking for confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It wont work. You will need to use a satellite dish to get a signal on a sky box. An aerial for MMDS wont get you a signal.

I thought the dish is also used for that, not aerial. Thx!

mmds comes from a transmitter usually on a hill and is received by a mesh aerial on a roof.
    Chorus do that.

Sky comes from a satelite 10's of 1ooo's of miles up in the sky.

If your previous abode had a cable that worked your sky receiver,you can be sure the cable went to a satelite dish and not a chorus mesh mmds aerial.

• Advertisement

I had a satellite dish, and there was a Chorus logo on socket. Thus I assumed, that Chorus transmits through satellite. Probably socket was there before, someone when installing dish just used it, or somethung similar. Now I'm enlightened.
    mmds comes from a transmitter usually on a hill and is received by a mesh aerial on a roof.
    Chorus do that.

Sky comes from a satelite 10's of 1ooo's of miles up in the sky.

If your previous abode had a cable that worked your sky receiver,you can be sure the cable went to a satelite dish and not a chorus mesh mmds aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Sent you a message there tamlinek..

tamlinek wrote: »
    I had a satellite dish, and there was a Chorus logo on socket. Thus I assumed, that Chorus transmits through satellite. Probably socket was there before, someone when installing dish just used it, or somethung similar. Now I'm enlightened.

Yeah I'd say that was it, maybe there was a Chorus connection there previously and the installer reused the existing socket.

Advertisement