Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch

Options
  • 28-04-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Was contacted by Chorus to change ti their broadband etc and am quite interested
    Only fly in the ointment was that because i have a monitored alarm (eircom phonewatch) eircom would need to come out and install a sim card or some such
    Rang eircom only to be quoted 150 euro for the priveledge
    Anybody any experience in this or way around it ?
    Thanks in Advance
    Garth:)

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

From what I understand Chorus offer broadband over there cable network, therefore your Eircom line would die. As you have a monitored alarm, the alarm would have to be adapted to dial a GSM number instead of a regular landline, hence your paying for the dialling components. No other way around it I think.

Advertisement