Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

electric shower - no sound, just cold water

Options
  • 28-04-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi,

This post describes two issue in one.

Have a Triton T90i (was already installed when I moved house 6 years ago) and last week it started making grinding/chugging noise and sputtering when turned on. At same time as I noticed my hot tap in bathroom sink had very low pressure so assumed (and still assume) that shower was sputtering and grinding because of lack of overall hot water pressure rather than an issue in the shower itself.

Anyhoo tried it once or twice since and this morning it makes no sound at all and just pumps cold water out. Has not tripped switch as the red light is on so power getting to box and also checked fuse box for good measure.

Any ideas? Worried that my T90i may have gone to electric shower heaven.

(Related: since then have tried the trick, as described in another thread, with the piping between hot and cold tap and it seems to have restored hot tap water pressure but now may be too late for my shower. Why didn't I read boards.ie last week when it first happened, may have got pressure back before my T90i gave up the ghost !?!)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/pointers.

cheers,
    Ronan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

the shower should be fed from its own tank in the attic. cold.
    check that the tank is filling.
    did you remove the shower head rose to check if that was blocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

The motor apears to have burned out at a guess. Was the low pressure light not on?

It could be the heating element as well.

Honestly if its either its cheaper to replace it!

Especially if your ok at DIY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ronanf

Thanks for answers.

Didn't realise that shower came from cold tank in attic, I'll check that this evening.

Saw low pressure in hot tap (still seeing it) in last week too so thought it was related.

I'll check the shower rose too although think the box is busted now in any case.

thanks for the replies.

cheers,
    Ronan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ronanf

Re: low pressure light .. only saw a power light, I'll double check this evening.

Opened up box and was a lot of soot in it and some slight scorch marks .. not a good sign :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

ronanf wrote: »
    Re: low pressure light .. only saw a power light, I'll double check this evening.

Opened up box and was a lot of soot in it and some slight scorch marks .. not a good sign :)

Soot = motor brushes or motor its fooked! totally! sorry!

• Advertisement
Advertisement