Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Itouch 16gb OR 32gb?

• 28-04-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Have decided on getting an Itouch but am wondering which would be better. I dont see any disadvantages to getting to a 32gb, same size, weight, dimensions etc, and can get one delievered for €333. Any reason why should get 16gb instead except price difference obviously? I would use it alot for music (big but not huge collection) and videos, and would be looking to get lots of apps, though i hear they dont take up much space.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

i hear they dont take up much space.
    Depends entirely on the app, tbh. Some are only Kbs in size, and the largest one I came across was 2GB after an additional data download (offline Wikipedia).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

the largest one I came across was 2GB after an additional data download (offline Wikipedia).

Now that sounds cool lol.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you don't need the space then get the 16gb model..., but if you do not mind paying extra for the 32gb model then you might as well get that, those extra 15gb's will come in handy for video and stuff.

Of course you could also look elsewhere and get something like the Cowon S9, it's got a wicked screen and fanastic battery life but sadly no appstore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

Well over the years ive been used to big (relatively) hard drive players. Creative Zen Vision M, Archos 605. So all well over 16gb. So am used to having ability to store loads of vids and music.

Have previously shunned Ipods of all shapes and sizes. But the new Itouch just looks so good. It broke me lol. Also a considerable amount of the money for this I won recently. So almost a free Itouch lol.

They are the same dimensions and weight right? Just seems weird considering one holds twice as much

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

bigslick wrote: »
    They are the same dimensions and weight right? Just seems weird considering one holds twice as much

Yup, identical apart from the memory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Very slow data transfer to the SSHD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

whats an itouch?

Simon201 wrote: »
    whats an itouch?

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/

riemann wrote: »
    Very slow data transfer to the SSHD.

The "SSHD" (did you mean SSD?) is "very slow" compared to what exactly?

Mactard wrote: »
    The "SSHD" (did you mean SSD?) is "very slow" compared to what exactly?

Compared to an iPod.

• Advertisement

What ipod? you've really gotta be clearer here. Are you talking about previous models or current models? Are you talking about the ipod touch, the ipod classic or the ipod nano?

Advertisement