Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff goin on in Mallow?

Options
  • 28-04-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Is there anythin going on in this town? There has to be some interesting ppl organising some stuff worth doing in the evenings or on the weekend! If there's not anything happening is anyone interested in starting something? We were thinkning of starting a little farmers market at our house during the summer anyone have anything to suggest or add?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

found this it might be of use to you. http://www.mallowtown.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=607060bdd785e921c061905b930ad430
    there are night courses in mallow college by night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

you can watch me fall out of the club and chat up the Romanians selling roses!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Hear there may be a bit of a cattle drive down main street later, sure to be fun. North Cork's version of the runnig of the bulls.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

found this it might be of use to you. http://www.mallowtown.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=607060bdd785e921c061905b930ad430
    there are night courses in mallow college by night too.

Thanks a million I'll check it out, and the cow run too! We could try chuckin a couple of scummers in red trackies into the equation to for a real authentic expoerience,

Actually, get mountain bike and cycle the mountain up behind the golf club.

Great view from the top. i cycle it once a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

the night courses are good. I tried to do the mosaic making but there wasnt enough ppl,will have to wait till its on again and try applying again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

the night courses are good. I tried to do the mosaic making but there wasnt enough ppl,will have to wait till its on again and try applying again.

Join a drama group, i did an audition about a month ago for Blood Brothers the play, its being produced by The Pilgram Players, and its going ahead in the autumn so there is an idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Actually, get mountain bike and cycle the mountain up behind the golf club.

Great view from the top. i cycle it once a week

is that the one with the bended flag pole on top?

thats the very one!
    Its got a concrete pillar on top also, think it means its the highest point for so many miles around

i went up there before to find a geocache. but i went the lazy way, up past the meteor mast

• Advertisement

towel401 wrote: »
    i went up there before to find a geocache. but i went the lazy way, up past the meteor mast
    i found it last year!!!!! we had a snoop through it and put it back.

what was the story with that thing? is it a game or something?

i found it last year!!!!! we had a snoop through it and put it back.

what was the story with that thing? is it a game or something?

yea you go to geocaching dot com and get the coordinates for geocaches in your area, then go find them with a GPS

are those gps things expensive?

no. most people have those car based 'sat nav' things but they are often so dumbed down they won't let you enter / display the coordinates. you can get em for less than 100e anyway, less than 50 even

i dont think one of the car based sat nav's would be ideal for going up that feckin mountain lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

You could try a phone with GPS built in - the reception ok around the Mallow town area - hinterlands a bit iffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Flight19

About five or six years ago there was a production company operating in Mallow called "The Pfj" there motto was fun and friendship. If memory serves me correct they used to do short plays, comedy stand up stuff, live music etc. They used to operate out of the central hotel (mallow park hotel) i've heard through the grape vine they are coming back to town. I joined them before for a play and had a ball. Keep an eye out for them in the future its a great way to make friends and have a great laugh.

Flight19 wrote: »
    About five or six years ago there was a production company operating in Mallow called "The Pfj" there motto was fun and friendship. If memory serves me correct they used to do short plays, comedy stand up stuff, live music etc. They used to operate out of the central hotel (mallow park hotel) i've heard through the grape vine they are coming back to town. I joined them before for a play and had a ball. Keep an eye out for them in the future its a great way to make friends and have a great laugh.

You heard correct flight, and stay tuned all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lebron james

Flight19 wrote: »

If this is true i will be ecstatic, i was in one of their one act plays nearly six years ago. The people i met, I'm still great friends with to this day, the two guys who set it up ( Conn and Gearoid ), were really sound. They were full of energy and they went so far as to take everyone who was involved out for a slap up meal a few weeks after their last show and gave best actor and actress awards. They are exactly what the town has been missing for the last few years. I know Gearoid went to England shortly after and his last venture was some low budget movie stuff along with writing some comedy material for the bbc. Conn on the other hand went to south Odessa and helped the freedom fighters there for a few years smuggle silver over the boarder, he did end up in an Australian soap opera more recently called "Perth" for a few episodes.I hope that there back i have not talked to either in about six months and after i read this i contacted both on their face book. FINGERS CROSSED Mallow!:):):):):):):):):)

icon14.gifThe life of Brian on stage!
    Hey guys, i had a small drama group( The PFJ)a few years back in north cork, however i closed it up when i decided to do some traveling. I'm starting it up again the autumn. What I'm planing on doing for the first show is taking highlights from the movie "The life of Brian" and dramatising them on stage. I do have a few questions that you good people might be able to help me with.

1; How do i stand here rights wise?

2; What do you think of the idea of taking a cult movie and breaking it down for the stage?

3; Is there anyone from the cork/Kerry area here who would be interested in auditioning for a part?(not professional btw)

4; Any other advice?
    Kind regards
    Busted flush.

Just found this on the Theatre and performing sectoin of boards. Holy Fukc, this is going to be unreal!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

I'm confused. Is Lebron James running the pfj? Last post suggests Lebron runs it. Post before that suggests Lebron was in one of the plays. And why is Lebron signing the last post Busted Flush?

squibs wrote: »
    I'm confused. Is Lebron James running the pfj? Last post suggests Lebron runs it. Post before that suggests Lebron was in one of the plays. And why is Lebron signing the last post Busted Flush?

Nope, i just copied and pasted , busted flushes post from the arts section , it does look a bit confusing. I do however know who the guys who run the group they are, Conn O Sullivan and Gearoid France, im sure they dont mind me mentioning there names. I will be auditioning for this too as if its like there past work it will be fun filled and a good cheap activity for the winter months.

icon14.gifThe life of Brian on stage!
    Hey guys, i had a small drama group( The PFJ)a few years back in north cork, however i closed it up when i decided to do some traveling. I'm starting it up again the autumn. What I'm planing on doing for the first show is taking highlights from the movie "The life of Brian" and dramatising them on stage. I do have a few questions that you good people might be able to help me with.

1; How do i stand here rights wise?

2; What do you think of the idea of taking a cult movie and breaking it down for the stage?

3; Is there anyone from the cork/Kerry area here who would be interested in auditioning for a part?(not professional btw)

4; Any other advice?
    Kind regards
    Busted flush.
    Just found this on the Theatre and performing sectoin of boards. Holy Fukc, this is going to be unreal!:D

I should have done the astrix thing to avoid confusion sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Ah - now it makes sense. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Flight19

So this means that Busted Flush is either Conn O Sullivan or Gearoid France. (removes busteds rubber mask) ahh!!!!!! its the care taker from the old carnival thats not being going too well of late. :confused::confused::confused:

Im busted flush. No im busted flush. Im busted flush and so is my wife.
    Im really Gearoid France though! :D

Advertisement