Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulation Grants - help!

Options
  • 28-04-2009 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have been looking into the HES grants.
    However, I cannot afford dry-lining, cavity or external wall insulation + I upgraded my heating system last year.
    I have around 1 inch of very old insulation in my attic.
    All i need is my attic to be insulated. I don't understand why the SEI won't give grants solely for attic insulation? Attic insulation seems to be an easy hassle-free and cost-effective way to make my home more energy efficient?
    I got a quote from a reputable Insulation Company for €567.50 for the whole job - this is for 12 inches of insulation - should i go for this?
    or does anyone think there will be any way to get a grant soley for attic insulation?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,477 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

http://www.sei.ie/Grants/Home_Energy_Saving_Scheme/HES_FAQ/Homeowner%20FAQ/#much

they will give you a grant of €250 towards the attic insulation.... but you need to apply for 500 euros minimum....

assuming that the grant would amount to 30% of the costs, then you need to get roughly €1500 of work done to receive the grant.

there is another insulation scheme for the less well off called the warmer homes scheme, which is designed at low income households...

Advertisement