Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek Champions League

Options
  • 28-04-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭

Tuesday: Barca vs Chel

Wednesday: United vs Arsenal

What are people thinking?

Surely Barca will be able to beat Chelsea in the Nou Camp tonight?

Any bets that look like good value?

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

As I have Barca backed already for the CL I am not going to back a single on tonights match but i do believe Barca will win - I did put a tenner on Messi to score 1st and Barca to win 4-1 though @ 100-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tricky very tricky, form and firepower says Utd/Barca double but 3/1 is hardly generous given the nature of these games.

Anytime goalscorers could be worth a punt - Rooney v Arsenal backline and Eto v Cech
    7/1

Both teams to score double 3.5/1 could be the best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Vidic to score in 90 mins + United to win = 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Backed Barca on a single 8/11.

Not the most exciting bet but I think its a good price.

I would give Arsenal every chance of coming away with something from the Old Trafford (as long as Howard Webb isn't officiating!). Not sure what my bet of choice will be on that as of yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Unders double on Betfair this morning @ 3.32 (prolly changed now) looks good to me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

Henry to anytime goalscocer 9/5
    man utd to win 5/6
    werder Bremen to win 1/1
    €10 returns 102

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Chelsea clean sheet tonight. 11/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

Drogba & Henry to both score in 90 mins 10/1

raheny red wrote: »
    Unders double on Betfair this morning @ 3.32 (prolly changed now) looks good to me

1 Barcelona v Chelsea - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.99)
    2 Man Utd v Arsenal - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.72)

Double @ 3.44

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I went with barca/utd double. Noting exciting.

Adam

• Advertisement

The unders bet is looking very good right now!

mike65 wrote: »
    The unders bet is looking very good right now!

Yea very good!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Chelsea clean sheet tonight. 11/2

Well in.

Same again tomorrow please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

tonight the bet would be to lay 0-0. Yesterday Bettingzone put up the 0-0 at 12/1 and before kick-off 14/1 was available on betfair, but tonight I expect at least one goal, so I'll be laying the 0-0. I hope, and expect, to see more positive football being played !

with regards to last night, i think I'll back Barcelona to progress now, although 4/6 is a little shorter than I thought it would be !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Was a disaster with Barca, everything suggested a home win. And I think we cannot be too hard on our selection. Bojan should've finished his chance of a header on near post. Also felt Henry should've got the peno.

63587614 wrote: »
    Was a disaster with Barca, everything suggested a home win. And I think we cannot be too hard on our selection. Bojan should've finished his chance of a header on near post. Also felt Henry should've got the peno.

Yea that was a define peno when Alex pulled Henry down. We should have won our money :(

Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

jacool wrote: »
    tonight the bet would be to lay 0-0. Yesterday Bettingzone put up the 0-0 at 12/1 and before kick-off 14/1 was available on betfair, but tonight I expect at least one goal, so I'll be laying the 0-0. I hope, and expect, to see more positive football being played !

with regards to last night, i think I'll back Barcelona to progress now, although 4/6 is a little shorter than I thought it would be !

Lay 0-0 at your peril.

I think there will be few goals again, too much at stake in the 1st legs.

So, it wll be less than 1.5 goals for me. 12/5 on betfair

1 Barcelona v Chelsea - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.99) :)
    2 Man Utd v Arsenal - Over/Under 2.5 goals (Backing Under 2.5 Goals @ 1.72) :)

Double @ 3.44

Happy days. All the proceeds will probably go a double consisting of Shels away to Harps and Wexford Youths HT/FT.

Just as well Almunia had a great game :)

Happy days. All the proceeds will probably go a double consisting of Shels away to Harps and Wexford Youths HT/FT.

Better start listen to you more often! I had a terrible two days!:mad: All went well for you though!

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Lay 0-0 at your peril. I think there will be few goals again, too much at stake in the 1st legs. So, it wll be less than 1.5 goals for me. 12/5 on betfair
    we both won !!!
    how could you doubt John O'Shea ? 15 goals in his career, but although frugal, he seems to save them for big occasions. at least i could relax early on while you had to endure Ronaldo thumping the bar !!!!!!

Advertisement