Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grafenwalder Pils 500ml 4.8% 85c per 500ml can

• 28-04-2009 3:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

m_dot.gif
    Grafenwalder Pils beer 500ml cans in Lidl, decent strenght at 4.8% reduced to 85c(were 1.15 each) till sunday.

any1 tried it? picked up 4, if they are any good ill be back for a lot more.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I dont think any can of beer can be nice at that price. Unless your having a big (Re)session...

^^^See what i did there?^^^:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is actually a grand beer IMO , it is their sort of mid range -premium beer. The cheaper one being excelsior and the better IMO, perlenbacher. They also have tyskie 500ml bottles for €1.49, maybe edit your title (click on go advanced) to include tyskie as it might be of more interest to people.

People have weird ideas about beer being good or bad based on price, most refuse to think cheap beer can be good, but ask yourself what you are paying for with the big brands, ADVERTISING, those smart alec ads, and horses kicking footballs at xmas cost a fortune, and you pay for the privelege like an idiot.

Amsterdam beer is €1 a can in many places, I had a mate call it muck, then found out it is made by grolsch and all of a sudden it is good...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

rubadub wrote: »
    People have weird ideas about beer being good or bad based on price, most refuse to think cheap beer can be good, but ask yourself what you are paying for with the big brands, ADVERTISING, those smart alec ads, and horses kicking footballs at xmas cost a fortune, and you pay for the privelege like an idiot.

Amsterdam beer is €1 a can in many places, I had a mate call it muck, then found out it is made by grolsch and all of a sudden it is good...:rolleyes:
    :D Well said!!

Grafenwalder is not a bad pils at all. Great value at that price.
    IMO its probably better that most of the big Macro lagers widely available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I've tried both - Grafenwalder and Perlenbacher. First one is milder in taste. Strenght is roughly same (4.8% and 4.9% Alc). It is matter of taste, but it's worth to try at least. You can't go wrong too far for that price ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hogzy wrote: »
    I dont think any can of beer can be nice at that price. Unless your having a big (Re)session...

^^^See what i did there?^^^:cool::cool::cool:

UPDATE!!

Tried a cold one last night, was way better that what i was expecting(i had dutch gold in mind)..lovely beer...great value. And when i say 'lovely beer' I don't mean that's its lovely considering its 85cent, its just lovely full stop, very refreshing, great for a bbq too

just to note, I've been drinking nothing but Cobra for the last month, and although Cobra is nice, I would rate this above it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

I have got that and it is nice. At 85cent you can't go wrong.

Literally getting 2 cans for what you get with all the label brands.

I like Sainte Etienne from Aldi also €1.15 a can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have had both the pils and the wheat in the mini kegs (should be back on thursday according to the site) and they are a fine beer for the price, especially the wheat beer. Not the usual high standard I drink but certainly nothing to complain about and far better than the usual mass produced crap like Heinekan/Carlsberg etc.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Although not to everyone's taste, Lidl also have 500ml cans of Tennents for 99c each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

byte wrote: »
    Although not to everyone's taste, Lidl also have 500ml cans of Tennents for 99c each.

That belongs on the Rip-Off forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Having a few cans of it now, pretty nice and for the price well worth it. Highly recommend it! :D

• Advertisement
    byte

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Why? Please share with us where it is cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

byte wrote: »
    Why? Please share with us where it is cheaper.
    I think he is referring more to the fact he does not think it is worth that price as it is a bad beer? I have never had it so can not comment on that fact though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Euro_Kraut wrote: »

I drink Tennants all the time. Maybe you have to be Scottish to appreciate it?

X

byte

Well, I bought the Tennents at 99c a can. While not the nicest around, it's still better than the likes of Budweiser and Miller IMO.

I did say it wasn't to everyone's taste, but I find it drinkable.

Advertisement