Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Catalunya XI vs Spain XI

• 28-04-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭

I thought this was interesting. Who do you think would win?

Catalunya XI ;

Valdes

--Saltor
    Pique
    Puyol
    Capdevila-

Busquets

Fabregas
    Xavi

---Garcia
    Bojan
    Iniesta

Spain XI ;

Casillas

--Ramos
    Marchena----Juanito----Arbeloa---

--Silva
    Senna
    Alonso
    Mata----

Villa
    Torres

I still think Spain would win, but purely because of Villa and Torres, I think Catalunya have a stronger midfield and defense. It's pretty awesome to see that the Catalan team is so strong, that team would probably qualify and do pretty well in a major international competition.

2-1 Spain...

Who has the stronger starting XI? 32 votes

Spain
    0%
    Catalunya
    100%
    dardozVokesHelixeirebhoyyom 1Chardee MacDennisJazzyMr.Nice GuywhatawasterdeisedevilkinaldoNunueZe^GLaDOSFuzzy_DunlopLuckyLloydredzerdrogBubs101yahoo_moewandatowell 32 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Catalunya
    Throw Guardiola in there in instead of Busquets...he could still do a great job:D

Catalunya well capable of a win. I'd say if they played a series of say 10 games though Spain would win the vast majority.

What's the story with Bojan....officially a Catalan ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Catalunya
    Ya, he has Serbian/ Catalan blood, but he has lived in Barca his whole life, and is officially registered with Spain, so he is definitely a Catalan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Nunu wrote: »
    Throw Guardiola in there in instead of Busquets...he could still do a great job:D

Catalunya well capable of a win. I'd say if they played a series of say 10 games though Spain would win the vast majority.

What's the story with Bojan....officially a Catalan ye?

His dad is Serbian but Bojan junior was born in Catalonia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Catalunya
    no iniesta?

Catalunya
    shano_88 wrote: »
    no iniesta?

He's played for Catalunya, he has been brought up by the youth academy and is basically Catalan in spirit, but he has no Catalan blood, so I left him out of both teams. Otherwise I'd put him;

Garcia
    Bojan
    Iniesta

Infact, that might actually give the Cats the edge.

Ya, I guess if I can include Senna for Spain, I can include Iniesta for Catalunya. =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Alonso is most definitely Basque though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I'd go for Catalunya every time to be honest. Although Spain's strikeforce is phenomenal.

Catalunya
    Morf wrote: »
    Alonso is most definitely Basque though! ;)

Catalunya vs Rest of Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Catalunya
    couldnt look past spain there

eZe^ wrote: »
    Catalunya vs Rest of Spain.

It's not Spain though! We all know that! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Catalunya
    Morf wrote: »
    It's not Spain though! We all know that! :rolleyes:

Jesus, if you want to make a Basque/ Andulucian/ Aragonese/ etc XI vs Rest of Spain XI then be my guest alright, quit ruining the thread. :pac:

eZe^ wrote: »
    Jesus, if you want to make a Basque/ Andulucian/ Aragonese/ etc XI vs Rest of Spain XI then be my guest alright, quit ruining the thread. :pac:

I'm sorry I thought that's what Basques/Catalans/Galicians liked doing, ruining it for everyone else. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

There was no Basque team, so here goes

Lafuente

---Amorebieta--Campo----Grenet----

Del Horno
    Iraola

Orbaiz

Arteta
    Xabi Alonso

Etxeberria

Llorente

Admittedly the defence is crap and they would probably be torn apart by either the Catalans or Castilians but I like the midfield

...I reckon they'd wallop the Galicians, Asturians, Extremadurans or Valencians though. I love Spanish regions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Catalunya
    Athletic Bilbao manage pretty well with their Basque only policy. One of Spain's most successful clubs and have never been relegated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Catalunya
    Didn't Toon legend Albert Luque score twice for Cataluyna last year against the Basques?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Catalunya
    DSB wrote: »
    I'd go for Catalunya every time to be honest. Although Spain's strikeforce is phenomenal.
    I dunno, I think Spain just shade it... Catalunya are missing a central striker.

Last year's Bojan, maybe, this year's definitely not enough - and while Catalunya's midfield is awesome, Spain's ain't bad either (although I'd probably play Arteta right side and Silva left).

That Basque midfield is pretty tasty too... bet Bilbao would love Alonso and Arteta there!

yahoo_moe wrote:
    That Basque midfield is pretty tasty too... bet Bilbao would love Alonso and Arteta there!

Maybe in their later years. Arteta and Alonso grew up on the same street i'm told.

Advertisement