Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achievement Anguish

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nope, I always had it on US. I changed it to UK and all the Fable 2 stuff went and I'm looking at a normal xbox.com page now.:mad:

Oh thats just great. The show just started up and it says entrance denied young squire, wtf is with this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Think I'll join you guys and rag on missing out on achievements.

My Street Fighter 4 save file was corrupted (last night) and f**ked basically.

Fair enough all my achievemtns are still on my profile but all the ground work toward some of the longer achievements is gone.
    "Sunny Daze" - 365 flasy background finishes...
    "Proof of Battle" - play 500 xbox live battles...!

Now its back to square one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Think I'll join you guys and rag on missing out on achievements.

My Street Fighter 4 save file was corrupted (last night) and f**ked basically.

Fair enough all my achievemtns are still on my profile but all the ground work toward some of the longer achievements is gone.
    "Sunny Daze" - 365 flasy background finishes...
    "Proof of Battle" - play 500 xbox live battles...!

Now its back to square one...

Ah man i feel your pain, the exact same thing happened to me. Lost all my unlocked fighters and stats. Worst part of it was, i was literally on about fight no. 490, only a few away fromt he 500 achievement.
    Ive barely touched it since, tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

It is indeed a kick in the balls.
    Has it happened to any of your other games?

With Street Fighter 4 I don't mind too much as its the kind of game I'll play again and again anyway. I can think of other games it could be much worse for. Games where achievements require beating the hardest difficult setting but having to reply the lower difficulty again to unlock the harder difficulty... Now that I'd be extremely pissed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I just got Dead Rising from a friend last week. I fear for my TV, windows and unfortunately placed pictures!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

**Contains Half Life 2: ep 2 and CoD: WaW spoilers **

Another time on Cod: WaW, doing the 2nd last mission on veteran and got right up to the last bit, where you're storming the steps of the reichstag. Realised it was 9.45 and only 15mins left before the off-licence closes, so saved the game, went the offo, came back and started up the 360. When i went to play WaW it told me there was an update available so i downloaded that and when i tried to continue off from my save point, it said something along the lines of "Your save game is from an older version of this game. To continue, you will have to restart the level from scratch".

I've since went back and completed WaW on veteran but Lil Rocket Man can kiss my hole.

Anyone got anything similar to share?
    For this you could unplug your network cable, clear your cache (which removes updates) and then your saves would have worked again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Waw is the biggest pain in the arse on Veteran..Didnt manage to finish it..Not sure what drove me mad more,that or the Bonus mission on COD4 on veteran

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm slowly getting there on COD4 on Vet. About 5 missions to go.

Absolutely no chance of me putting myself through this pain again with WAW so I am just doing that on regular. I want to keep what little is left of my hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm slowly getting there on COD4 on Vet. About 5 missions to go.

Absolutely no chance of me putting myself through this pain again with WAW so I am just doing that on regular. I want to keep what little is left of my hair!

I thought COD4 was harder on veteran than WAW. The Ferris wheel and No Fighting In The War Room was seriously tough.

WAW is just constant grenades and bullets coming through cover at ya, COD4 was fun on vet, and frustarting. WAW is just pure frustration, but when I got to the end there wasnt any part in it as tough as the 2 mentioned already.

Advertisement