Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to query: Multi Exposure Shot

• 28-04-2009 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I'm planning on shooting some mountain biking soon and one of the things I'm trying to capture is a multi exposure shot with the bike and rider in the air over a large gap. I have a Canon 400d with 17-85 IS USM. I plan on setting up the camera to max FPS in full manual settings. How can I then merge the photos into one image?

Thanks,

Clive

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Can't answer for Canon but for the benefit of anyone reading this with a Nikon, the D90 will do it for you, select 'Multiple Exposure' on the Shooting Menu, you can do 2 or 3 exposures per shot and the camera will merge the exposures (captured as RAW) into one file.

Rb wrote: »

Don't think HDR is what the OP is after, he wants to capture movement which is not what HDR is about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

i dont understand this at all.

what will the end result look like??

if the bike is moving through the air and you take a few different shots and the bike is in different places how do you turn it into one photo??:confused:

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

This will do the trick for you How to create a descriptive action timeline shot. That example was taken at Sluice which you already have shots of. The idea is identical for bikes :)

Best of luck Clive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

On a Nikon it is possible. Here's a very good example on the Zack Arias website. I've never heard of it on a Canon DSLR. Maybe the higher end ones. I checked your flickr and it seems you use a 40D. You might have to make multiple exposures and use high speed shooting, mounting the camera on a tripod. Then take the image into a program like photoshop and paint in the layers. Quite tedious. :)

There's an example of multiple exposure on the front page of today's Irish Times... (April 28th, link will point to a different front page on following dates).

http://www.irishtimes.com/todayspaper/

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Thanks Kyle. That is exactly what I'm aiming for. I'll post here when I have the finished article.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Looking forward to seeing them Clive :)

Advertisement