Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC signup problem!

Options
  • 28-04-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

Filled out online for Broadband as it said Broadband/TV/Phone was available in my area (D10)...rang up to confirm my order to be met by some skanky wan with the most outrageous attitude for a sales rep!! her tone was awfull then she goes on to say BB not available in my area....I say you're online system says it is....she says I'm telling you blag blah blah if you want to believe the internet more blah blah blah....needless to say I hung up on the thick ... :rolleyes:

where do they get these people!! can anyone confirm if BB is or isn't available in D10?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Tone aside who is going to know better where UPC provide broadband than UPC themselves?

D10 is a big enough area, its probably the case that it is available in D10 but certain areas of D10 might not have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 karagirl

........the upc site might be....wait for it......wrong!!!!!!!!! shock horror....not everything is perfect all the time

im pretty sure that the sales rep can check up if BB is not avail or is avail.... i know u felt her tone was inappropriate but did u take a step back and see what your tone was like.....

just sayin...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Tone not aside, if I asked who I just met on the phone for the time of day I'd want to get that confirmed elsewhere also :D ...and how am I to know BB isn't available when it says otherwise..

my tone was that of enquiry, hers was of a scolding headmistress..."Where are you!" answer "Spell it!" I could go on....are the 2 above employess of UPC by any chance :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Thread title modified. Tone it down a bit, you're coming across a bit ragey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 karagirl

nope but i worked in a callcentre in the uk and ireland for many years and dealt with people who had insurance problems (i.e; theft from property, fire etc etc) and let me tell you i rarely had a bad customer. with all the posts here i feel sorry for UPC having to deal with some of ye... its only a TV/BB guys..... you'll live!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

karagirl wrote: »
    nope but i worked in a callcentre in the uk and ireland for many years and dealt with people who had insurance problems (i.e; theft from property, fire etc etc) and let me tell you i rarely had a bad customer. with all the posts here i feel sorry for UPC having to deal with some of ye... its only a TV/BB guys..... you'll live!!!!

That "ye" bit just confirmed it for me!! you work for UPC and I just talked to you on the phone didn't I :eek: ....why is you're phone manner so condescending and whatever happened to the customer is always right??...I'll be checking for that time of month before I talk to a "lady" sales rep again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Wow you must have some sort of chip on your shoulder. Two people replied to your post and just because you didn't get to hear what you wanted you accused them of being UPC employees. I'm starting to see why the Woman on the phone had a shrill tone.
    dogpile wrote: »
    That "ye" bit just confirmed it for me!! you work for UPC and I just talked to you on the phone didn't I :eek: ....why is you're phone manner so condescending and whatever happened to the customer is always right??...I'll be checking for that time of month before I talk to a "lady" sales rep again

Cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is going nowhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement