Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Street View Camera in Dundalk

Options
  • 28-04-2009 3:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

Just spotted the street view camera on the Castletown Road at 3pm today and was wondering if anyone else on boards spotted them in their area,
    I have to admit i got a little excited when i saw it, im such a geek!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

oh my god is that was it was ? i saw it, it looks like a crude camera stuck to the roof of a black clio or yaris. i thought it was suppose to be a big google van, easily visible so you could choose to ignore it. or at least make yourself look gorgeous ! As it is now, i'll be stalked by my many fans on the internet, (of seen by my boss being somewhere i shouldn't !) i feel violated ! to whom do i complain !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Yeah i thought they were supposed to be using a fancy hybrid Toyota Prius to show google care about the environment but it was just an italian reg opel astra, very disappointed.
    Not many people knew what it was but i have to find it again i don't think i was smiling the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just went by our office about twenty minutes ago heading up the Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

I don't want to sound thick here, lol, but where can I view these street maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭positron

StreetView option at maps.google.com, but it will be a while (weeks/months) before Google processes all the data, stiches up images, masks out faces and number plates and put it out for our spying pleasure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Yeah i got on it i think. Seen it at the bus stop after school yesterday by mc donalds.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

'tis been around Drogheda for the last few weeks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

positron wrote: »
    StreetView option at maps.google.com, but it will be a while (weeks/months) before Google processes all the data, stiches up images, masks out faces and number plates and put it out for our spying pleasure!

Thanks for the link. I'm just after going into it and seeing the street where I live. I know it isn't great at the moment but can't wait to see how this progresses in the future - should be fun (I think, lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I doubt it'll be in Ardee :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hopefully they'll get better quality photos for the maps and google earth by the time they upload the streetview.

• Advertisement

Seen it a few weeks ago, about 9am coming in past the Bus Depot/McDonalds in Drogheda. Red car with a crappy 'Google' logo sticker on the door. I was expecting a big Google Earth logo to be sprawled all over it.

Cheapskates :P

Advertisement