Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tents

Options
  • 28-04-2009 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Lads i know this is a bit cleachay but i'm looking for a bomb proof tent,

Specks as requested, Bombproof, will last upwards of 10 years with high use, all poles would preferably be the same, like the older F10Vortex,
    I've gone and crossed out most things F10 or vango because their quality just does appear to be there, also american tents due to various reasons.

My search has left me with the old F10 ridge tents, or a terra nova quasar. Has anyone got any view on the TN, do they have decent pics, and if possibel is there anywhere i can have a gwalk at one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Hi,

I have a Terra Nova Ultra Quasar, I serched for a long time too and this tent is seemingly the best there is, Smashed poles in various other tents over time in too high winds so saved up and got this one, Serious piece of kit,

Would def reccomend it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

How big/small:confused:

Icelandic would be my number 1 choice but sounds too big for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Well 2 manish,

While yes an icelandic would fit the bill, i would't like to bring it up every hill in the country,

Another option that has been sugested recently is the 5th Season EXO Tent by Eureka, but i have absoutly no expieriance with them, what are they like if you want to use them during the summer, will the groundsheet get wet if i touch i while not on a mat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I happen to have an un-used New Old Stock F10 Vortex sitting in my kit room at home. I bought it on impulse when I heard it was being replaced with a new model, but have never used it.

I'd consider selling it for €400, which is what I paid for it. Comes with 3 F10 repair kits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Gil,

I may pick you up on that, need to talk to a couple people first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Hey Maglite,
    I have seen the Eureka tent you were talking about. It does indeed look bombproof.
    It really depends on how much cash you want to spend. Inner or outer pitch first. Freestanding or Tunnel. Im guessing because your looking at a vortex that a 2 man is what your after.

I have heard lots of great stuff about the quasar but I have have started hearing that the quality of their tents is slipping and their after sales care is terrible. But I dont want to take away the reputation of their tents, its just what I have read online.

I have a few tents... My most bombproof being a Hilleberg Allak(2man) and Hilleberg Soulo (1 man). If you havent looked at them I would advise you to check them out online and read reviews of their tents. Its all top of the range. They even have the name of the person who stiched them together on the tent.

Advertisement