Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[28/04/2009] Bus Strike OFF - Taxi Protest ON

• 28-04-2009 4:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭

Title says it all - avoid Dublin City Centres unless on a bike or train.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I know, I've been listening to constant beeping for the last hour or to in my office.

These feckers giving me a headache.

We should build new canals so we dont have to utilise either taxi's or buses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Service-Disruption1/
    Services Resumed
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dublin Bus is pleased to advise customers that services have resumed from Harristown depot.

While drivers have returned to work, a reduced service will be operating this evening on the services listed below and a full service is expected to resume tomorrow morning. All other Dublin Bus services are operating normally. Further updates will be made available on this site as services resume.

Dublin Bus wishes to apologise to customers for disruption to services during this unofficial action.

4/4a Harristown to Blackrock/Stradbrook
    13/13a Merrion Square to Harristown
    17a Finglas to Kilbarrack
    27b Eden Quay to Harristown via Beaumont Hospital
    27x Clare Hall to UCD Belfield
    33b Portrane/Donabate to Swords
    37 Hawkins Street to Carpenterstown
    37x Carpenterstown to UCD Belfield
    38/a Hawkins Street to Damastown
    38b/c Hawkins Street to Tyrrelstown
    39 Hawkins Street to Ongar
    39x Ongar to UCD Belfield
    40/a/b/c/d Finglas to City Centre
    41 Lower Abbey Street to Swords Manor
    41x Swords to UCD Belfield
    43 Lower Abbey Street to Swords Business Park
    70/a Hawkins Street to Dunboyne
    83 Harristown to Kimmage
    102 Sutton Station to Airport via Swords
    128 Clongriffin to Rathmines (Palmerston Park)
    140 Finglas to Leeson Street
    142 Portmarnock to Rathmines (Palmerston Park)
    237 Blanchardstown to Castleknock
    238 Blanchardstown to Tyrellstown
    239 Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to Liffey Valley Shopping Centre
    270 Blanchardstown Shopping Centre to Dunboyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I know, I've been listening to constant beeping for the last hour or to in my office.

These feckers giving me a headache.

We should build new canals so we dont have to utilise either taxi's or buses!

Babies throwing toys out of prams.

Seriously how many times are taxi drivers going to strike until they realise that they're living in a capitalist world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Where is this going on, and how long is it expected to last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Merrion Square, Dawson Street, Aungier Street seem to be getting the worst of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Victor wrote: »
    Merrion Square, Dawson Street, Aungier Street seem to be getting the worst of it.

Thanks Victor, have a cross city journey to make ~7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,344 ✭✭✭markpb

Victor wrote: »

They're just lining up to get good spaces for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I have lost any support I had for taxi drivers after yet another display of sheer contempt for the Dublin commuter.

The first time was annoying, the second time was irritating, this time was infuriating. Get off the streets and stop causing an absolute nuisance of yourselves.

Why are the Gardai standing by gawping as the taxi drivers bring the city to a standstill at rush hour? Make an example - arrest / fine a few of them and impound their cars.

This has got to stop. Taxi drivers cannot be allowed to hold the city to ransom yet again.

Advertisement