Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching to Eircom, downtime?

Options
  • 28-04-2009 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on moving from Esats 7mb broadband and perlico's talktime over to an Eircom 7mb bundle.

Does anyone know how long the switch will take?
    Will my Esat broadband account be disabled during the switch or only when I ring up and cancel it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There should be zero downtime. All you need to do is change the name/password in the router config, and you're done. eircom will tell you what this is, it's the same for everyone anyway, as only the resellers use unique usernames for all customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Great thanks, will hopefully switch tomorrow so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Ciaran500, switching took 12-14 days in my case . ZERO downtime as jor el said ,i only noticed it by new eircom IP . i didn't change my bt username/password -- it is working with eircom BB aswell .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

alec76 wrote: »
    Ciaran500, switching took 12-14 days in my case . ZERO downtime as jor el said ,i only noticed it by new eircom IP . i didn't change my bt username/password -- it is working with eircom BB aswell .

Thats even better. Eircom here I come, you better be good!

Advertisement