Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mysterious banned

Options
  • 28-04-2009 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Poster Mysterious was banned for 6 months because Goderator 6th claims he was using personal abuse, I posted claiming that the ban seemed harsh, (in comparsion to what is overlooked in other threads, beside the guy's views are good for a laugh) and I was told to take it hear, so here it is trap #79, can an smod take a look. Cheers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055549296&page=6

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mysterious has a past on that forum. He's been banned a number of times in the past, so 6 months seems reasonable.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As seamus said above.
    Each time you get banned from the same forum, the length of time is extended.

For example, in PI
    First ban = one week.
    Second ban = one month.
    Third ban = six months.
    Fourth ban = permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

PJW wrote: »
    Poster Mysterious was banned for 6 months because Goderator 6th claims he was using personal abuse, I posted claiming that the ban seemed harsh, (in comparsion to what is overlooked in other threads, beside the guy's views are good for a laugh) and I was told to take it hear, so here it is trap #79, can an smod take a look. Cheers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055549296&page=6

The ban wasnt just for that comment, plenty of warnings ignored.

You made a personal comment about Mysterious and got a warning but had you had the infraction/ban history mysterious had then you'd be serving a 6 month ban also. Note also that if after 6 months the charter and warning continue to be ignored that would result in a perma ban.

Hope that clears it up.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭PJW

6th wrote: »
    The ban wasnt just for that comment, plenty of warnings ignored.

You made a personal comment about Mysterious and got a warning but had you had the infraction/ban history mysterious had then you'd be serving a 6 month ban also. Note also that if after 6 months the charter and warning continue to be ignored that would result in a perma ban.

Hope that clears it up.

6th

OK 6th I heard you the first time in the actual thread and thanked you for the clarity, this thread is not about me. However you asked me to take my complaint about Mysterious's banning to the Help Desk which I've done. I understand that there is a progresive banning order for continous misbehaviour but my quip is in relation to the final comment he made which resulted in his banning and once again imo it was a harsh decision and I wanted an SMod / Admin to review that and and not punisment per se.

PJW

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't think so. It was a valid charter breach as far as I can see. His words might have been cloaked, but he directly accused King Mob of ignorance and closed-mindedness. Which is a direct attack. In most cases that would be nothing but a "Hey, watch it", but mysterious had already loaded much straw onto the camel's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mysterious has admitted to the attack via PM. Case closed.

Advertisement