Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoghaire or Dundalk

Options
  • 28-04-2009 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Which is a better college for film and video? Dundalk or Dun Laoghaire?
    Which gives the best course? Which do companies look at quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Define better.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭stavros440

By better I mean, for the whole learning side of things. Is Dun Laoghaire or Dundalk's Film and Video course most efficient and well crafted?
    What course of what college do employers look at quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I don't know anything about either college, but the first thing I would check is what qualification each offers and who is it accredited by.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dun Laoghaire as you'll be able to work along side training make-up artists, photographers, set designers etc., thus making a lot of contacts along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaucyB

Iadt has the rep. Dkit is still a fairly new course 6 years now i think it is. Most of its graduates have went to canada so its hard to get in touch to ask them things.

Im starting film in dkit this year and all i can say is theres a new media building for music, acting, creative media and film students. So you'l have music students to do music for you, youl have actors, and creative media students for pre and post production desigining etc.

Then in O fiach plc college beside dkit you'l habe make up artists so i wouldn be too bothered bou not mixing with other classes. the media building was put there so everybody can mix and learn.

I can't tell you how good the course is ive seen some great stuff and some bad at the end of the day its about your creativeness no college can teach that but they can help you get the best out of the creativeness you have:)

Plus the bright room is the suppose to be the only high def post production studio in ireland at the moment and we have it to ourselves;)

but don't get me wrong IADT is the place but its harder to get into and i don;t think dundalk is to far behind it these days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Slobodan Milosevic

Why someone would want to do such a degree is the real question ?

SLOBO
    xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SaucyB

because they wana make contacts with like minded people, because they want to make films, ul make more films in a film course in a year than you would by yourself, because of insurance etc. Plus a film degree can lead to marketing positions, graphic designing, communications etc its all part of the course:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Why someone would want to do such a degree is the real question ?

SLOBO
    xxx

Because it is an area they are interested in and an area where they want to their career to be in.

Advertisement