Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Rock.. and a little bit of roll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

531 Cycle 5 Wk 3 D3

Military Press

Bar x 5
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 3

50kg x 5
    55kg x 3
    65kg x 8PB:cool:

Bar x 10 x 2
    30kg x 10 x 3

Pull Ups
    +10kg x 5 x 2

Superset of
    Rows w/ pull ups x loads

Band pull aparts/face pulls/ tricep stuff

Reverse Curls
    Bar - 60 reps

Pressing was super strong tonight, easing off the 85%+ benching has really helped! I was approaching it like a retard in fairness!!

I was aiming for 5 so 8 was nice, never had 65 on the bar in training so major PB.

Pull ups were good, weighted ones for a change. 2x5 is a nice rep set range.

Reverse curls - hardest thing today - love them:p

You join me at the first rep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Your youtube channel has the gheyest name I've ever seen.

Ya in college tomorrow or 50cent'n it?

Hanley wrote: »
    Your youtube channel has the gheyest name I've ever seen.

Ya in college tomorrow or 50cent'n it?

:D I'm sticking with it!

Fookin college, if by some miracle classes are off I'll be in tho.

Smolov Wk 4 Dy1

Squats
    Bar x 5
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    120kg x 4
    130kg x 5 x 5

Curls - 1,000 reps:pac:

Squats felt good today, tough coming into it from college.. again:rolleyes:

Curls were immense, gotta love barbell curls in the squat rack.

Tonight

Power Cleans
    40kg x 2 x 2
    50kg x 2
    60kg x 2
    70kg x 2

Deadlift
    70kg x 2
    90kg x 2
    110kg x 2
    130kg x 1

Rows
    50kg x 5 x 2

Stretching/Rolling.

Had some mad ideas of doing something crossfitty tonight but wisely decided against it. Power cleans were grand. Deadlifts the same. Just taking it easy with them.

Will work up to my opener in the deadlift this week. Probably do it on Sunday along with the bench. Have two more Smolov sessions to do aswell. 140 3x4 and 140 4x3... fun times.

• Advertisement

Thank god you decided against it.. I was wondering what you were thinking.

Smolov Wk 4 Dy 2

Squats
    Bar x 5
    60kg x 3
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    BELT
    140kg x 3 x 4

Box Squats
    60kg x 3 x 3

Squats were quite easy tonight.. filmed them all and depth is sorted. So happy days. Only one more Smolov session left. Might get this out of the way Thursday.

Deadlift and bench weekend. Not going to "test" anything, just work up to my openers, keeping it ham and cheesy.

Smolov last mutha fcukin session

Squats
    Bar x 5
    60kg x 3
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    130kg x 4
    140kg x 4 x 3PB

10 min treadmill:o

Tough enough session. The warm up sets felt worse than the top sets. First set was nearly a disaster, hit 3 reps and started to walk it in. Remembered I'd to hit 4 so walked back out and finished it! Tough.

Small bit of cardio=ghey. Weight this morning 14 Stone 5. Weight tonight 14 stone 9. Ease up on the portions and increase the fruit/veg clean living type foods!!

Smolov last mutha fcukin session

Squats
    Bar x 5
    60kg x 3
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    120kg x 3
    130kg x 4
    140kg x 4 x 3PB

10 min treadmill:o

Tough enough session. The warm up sets felt worse than the top sets. First set was nearly a disaster, hit 3 reps and started to walk it in. Remembered I'd to hit 4 so walked back out and finished it! Tough.

Small bit of cardio=ghey. Weight this morning 14 Stone 5. Weight tonight 14 stone 9. Ease up on the portions and increase the fruit/veg clean living type foods!!

Full Smolov without missing any reps?

internet-high-five.jpg

Full Smolov without missing any reps?

internet-high-five.jpg

Not a single rep dude!!:cool:

Internet five

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

yea i was actually wondering that throughout the thing, usually people miss a few , fair play. Do you plan on estimating your openers or testing them in teh next 3-4 days like?

yea i was actually wondering that throughout the thing, usually people miss a few , fair play. Do you plan on estimating your openers or testing them in teh next 3-4 days like?

Cheers man.

The first time I did 130 5x5 in the club on a saturday, immensely hungover, I was probably close to missing then but didn't. That was prob the toughest day of it.

Nah, 140 is the opener. I'm 110% confident I can hit it. I've repped in in training loads like.

What have you left now, squats??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭podge57

completing smolov is a huge achievement, you're all set for a big PR now

The first 5x5 day was hell for me too, I think I got 4 reps on the first set, 3 on the second and then gave up

Squats
    60kg x 3
    100kg x 1
    BELT
    120kg x1
    140kg x 1

Deadlift
    60kg x 1 x 2
    80kg x 1 x 2
    110kg x 1 x 3

Squats felt good today. Now to decide the numbers:o

Deadlift was just to go through the motion of deadlifting, nothing too taxing.

Heavy training is dunzo. Mobility is all I'll be doing during the week.

Bench

60kg x 5
    80kg x 1 x 2
    90kg x 1 x 2
    Paused
    105kg x 1 x 3

That was that, couple of things that I've to remember for the bench.

Looking forward to the comp now!!!

Bench

60kg x 5
    80kg x 1 x 2
    90kg x 1 x 2
    Paused
    105kg x 1 x 3

That was that, couple of things that I've to remember for the bench.

Looking forward to the comp now!!!

Couple of things you have to remember, and one major thing you have to be taught ;)

Thanks again for the help today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Now to decide the numbers:o

Best of luck tomorrow!

What are you aiming for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Good luck tomorow Rob, ill see you out there, im bringing a camera with about an hour of memory if you want me to record any of your lifts. that goes for pavel too, just not arsed going to his log :P

BossArky wrote: »
    Best of luck tomorrow!

What are you aiming for?

Anything less than a 160kg squat and he doesn't get to train with me or Ger anymore. There. I said it.

Just about to start my trek down with the rack now, weigh-in's in 15 minutes, you're making weight!!

Anything less than a 160kg squat and he doesn't get to train with me or Ger anymore. There. I said it.

Just about to start my trek down with the rack now, weigh-in's in 15 minutes, you're making weight!!

Ha balls..

I made weight a bit too much today. Weighed in at an extremely light 88.1kg:( So at start of the week I was close to 92 and managed to drop bout 4kgs! Bleh. I did not feel good on the day but fcuk it.

Squats

Warmups felt heavy and just before I warmed up with 130 I realised I was going to have to bring my belt in a notch! Which is not good at all.. no bloat! So I brought it in and 130 felt okay. 145 opener was not smooth at all really. No question with depth tho. Equals PB. Went 152.5 and it was ground out. On to 155. As I took the bar out I started seein stars, squatted the weight and got called on depth. Think I just hit parallel.

Bench
    Bah.. I hate the bench. Opened with 102.5 with a view to hitting 110 2nd attempt. All warmups were easy. 102.5 was grand. Went to 110, no lift. 3rd attempt.. no lift. Fcukin bench.

Deadlifts.
    Again warmups were fine. I think I may have warmed up too early but this is something I will nail down from attending comps on a regular basis. 160 opener was fine, bit slow at top (got caught on suit). 170 was fought the whole way. Comp PB by 7.5kg. 175 got about 2 inches off the floor and that was that.

My prep for this comp was shocking. I was so worried about not hitting weight that I didn't focus on the actual weights! Lesson learned. Totalled 425 so a 12.5kg PB on my total. Not happy with it but happy that I have another competiton under my belt. Back to training and weight gaining now:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

Well done Rob! I know you wanted more, but It was still a PB! Going on a low carb diet the week of a comp is suicide IMO.

At this moment you are easily worth a 450 total.

Rob, you are a 100kg lifter. Accept it and hurry up and kick my ass :D

I need something to chase.....

Thanks Paul. I won't make the same mistake again. Onwards to 100kg and plenty of cake.

Tonight

Power Cleans
    40kg x many
    50kg x 3
    60kg x 3
    70kg x 3

SLDL
    70kg x 5 x 2

Pendlays
    60kg x 5 x 2

Incline Bench
    60kg x 5 x 2

Abs/stretch/roll

Nothing too major tonight just wanted to get back in the saddle again.

Rough Plan

Squat: smolov
    Bench: smolov
    Deadlift: 2x5 and then CP again. Prob the best thing I've done so far for my deadlift. I'm also going to switch to conventional and train that for a good while. It can't hurt.

EDIT: I also need to learn how to bench. At the moment my technique consists of just lying there, squeezing the bar and trying to press it!

Tonight

Pendlays
    60kg x 5 x 2

SLDL
    70kg x 5 x 2

Incline
    60kg x 5 x 2

Vid of 170kg deadlift from Nationals

Jaaaays you didn't half let the bar get away from you on that one. Ya did well to finish it.

Tonight

Squats
    Bar x 5
    60kg x 3
    80kg x 3
    100kg x 1
    110kg x 5 x 2 Beltless

Deadlifts - conventional
    100kg x 9 x 4

Squats were grand, again just getting back into it light enough. One thing I have to remember is to get air into the stomach. I find it hard enough to do it without a belt i.e. nothing to push against. Just something I have to practice.

Deadlifts were fine, felt more like cardio than anything else. Was a good amount of reps to nail down form.

With the beltless squats, it's not so much about pushing your belly out like you would with a belt, but spreading your stomach if that makes sense. I just think of squeezing my core, seems to do the job.

And I'm so happy you're finally pulling conventional. I think you'll pull a alot more that way. THere's no way you should be squatting 160 and only pulling 170/180.

Smolov Base 1 Day2

Deadlift
    60kg x 2 x 2
    90kg x 3
    110kg x 7 x 5

Smolov Base 1 Day 1

Bench
    60kg x 5
    75kg x 9 x 4

Deadlifts were fine - again felt like cardio :) Got through all the sets grand. The bench straight after was tougher than I thought it was going to be. I'll just get used to doing the two on the same day.

2x5 stuff tomorrow - might bench again but won't deadlift again til Sunday:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

I put up whatever vids I had of you from Tullamore on youtube.

I missed your first squat as the camera was full. I also missed the start of your 3rd bench :o

I was doing my squat warm ups while you were deadlifting, so I obviously don't have any of those

I see you are hard at it already - how did the squats feel?

Pavel66 wrote: »
    I put up whatever vids I had of you from Tullamore on youtube.

I missed your first squat as the camera was full. I also missed the start of your 3rd bench :o

I was doing my squat warm ups while you were deadlifting, so I obviously don't have any of those

I see you are hard at it already - how did the squats feel?

Cheers man I'll go have a look!

Squats feel grand. Will be doing them twice a week beltless for the time being. Deadlift is getting a bit of work.

• Advertisement

Today

Incline Bench
    60kg x 5 x 2

Pendlays
    60kg x 5 x 2

Shoulder Press
    50kg x 5 x 2

Chins
    +10kg x 5 x 2

Punch Bag - 10 mins.

Only hard thing today was the chins. They'll be back tho. I'll move the rows/incline up by 2.5kg. Shoulder press/chins will be done 2x more and then up.

Deads tomorrow.

Advertisement