Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Rock.. and a little bit of roll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

ME Day SQUAT

60X3
    70X3
    80X3
    90X3
    100X3
    105X3
    110X3
    120X2
    125X1

SLDL
    4 Sets of 8 with 65kg

Chins
    4 sets of 8 +5kg

Inverted row
    Tested :23

Loads of core stuff.. some curlz

3 reps feels like a good number for the ME on both squat and deadlift days. I might do that with the bench aswell.

Delighted with the 125.. the 120 by 2 was good so I just upped it.. why not. I think doing a 1RPm regularly wont do me any good at all though so I'll stick to the 3's.

ME Bench

60x3
    70x3
    80x3
    90x3
    100x3
    90x6

Lat Pull Down
    80x10
    100x10x2

Bench Press Thing as before
    80x10
    100x5
    120x5
    140x5x2

Inverted Rows
    2 sets of 12
    Supersetted with
    Chins
    5x2

Curls and Core work.

Needed a feck load of stretching after the squats yesterday. I reckon 100 x 5 will go next time. DE Deadlift tomorrow, rest Monday, match Tuesday.

Sunday

DE Lower

SQUAT
    60 10 sets of 2 reps with 30 second break.

GMs
    10x3 with 42.5kg

Reverse Lunge
    10x2 with 30 kg

High Row
    70kg x 10 x 3

Pull Ups
    +5 x 5
    +10 x 5
    +15 x 4

Not sure I buy into this whole thing of 10 sets of 2 reps. I thing I would get more out of doing a feck load of reps. Lower the sets up the reps. Very weak with the GM but it can only do me good.
    Pull ups were poor, just going to lay that out again and up the reps.

Today

DE Upper

DB Bench
    20kgx12
    22.5kg x 12 x 4

DB Fly
    12.5kg x 10 x 2.. supersetted with One arm rows 20 kg x 15 x 2

DB Press
    17.5x10
    20 x 10 x 2

Glute, Ham Extension
    5 sets of 10 reps

Face Pulls
    17.5 x 12
    20 x 12 x 3
    22.5 x 15

Tricep Pushdowns
    20kg x 10 x 3

Lat Pull Down
    60kg x 15
    65kg x 12 x 2
    70kg x 8
    60kg x 15
    Some core stuff.

So did a crap load of reps. Doing the high reps on the pressing gets very tough, but good.
    The face pulls are class, really feel it working.
    My mfn hams are killing me after the raises. I'd like to get to 10 sets of 10 reps. 100 raises every DE Upper session is the target!.

ME LOWER 23.7.09

DEADLIFT
    60X3
    70X3
    80X3
    90X3
    100X3
    110X3
    120X3
    130X3
    135X3

GM
    40x8x5

Step Ups with 10kg plate in each hand
    2 sets of 10 each leg.

AB work: Twenty Minutes doing as many different things as possible.

The deadlift is slowly but surely coming along. Thats two deadlift sessions now using sumo, I'm going to switch to conventional for the next two sessions and see how I get on.

My GM is really really sh1t, just going to have to keep at it. SLDL is goin go have to come back in too.

24.7.09 ME UPPER
    BENCH
    60X2
    70X2
    80X2
    90X2
    100X2X2
    105X1
    110X... a half.. spotter touch.

That is all I could fit in, so today I'll do an extra session full of the bits I missed during the week.

• Advertisement

RE LOWER, Yesterday

SQUATS
    60x8x2
    65x8
    70x8
    75x8
    80x8
    85x12

Chins

Curls.. loads

Lat Pull Down
    90x12x3

Cleans
    5 sets of 3 with 50kg

Squats were tough, the 12 reps with 85 especially. The aim is to add 2.5 on to the start figure then go up in five (if that makes sense). I'm sure I'll hit a block somewhere but I'll be getting the reps in along the way.

RE UPPER .. Today

Shoulder Press
    45x8x3

Lat Pull Down
    100x10x3

Pull Ups
    10x2

Dips
    +10:5 sets of 3 with 10 second break in between
    +15:same as above

Hammer Curls

Incline Bench
    60x8x3

Incline was all over the shop today, couldnt get the balance at all, defo needs work.
    The dips were good: I like the fact they've to be done quick.
    Rest day tomorrow, match on Tuesday if its not called off again. Poxy rain.

ME Day

Front Squat
    40x5
    45x5
    50x5
    60x5
    65x5
    70x3
    75x3
    80x2

Pull Ups
    5 sets of 10

SLDL
    60x10
    80x5x2

Sprint Drills

Took three days off after my match on Tuesday which was probably the toughest I've ever played. Very sore after and even today had a few little niggles. The days off felt good, loads of stretching and rest.

I wanted to front squat BW and managed to get reps with it. A front squat of 100 would be immense (for me). So we'll see how long that takes.

Sprint drills were good, it'll be back to football in September so these will stay in to keep me sharp.

ME Upper

Incline
    50x15
    60x8x2
    65x8x3

Shoulder Press
    40x10
    45x5
    50x5x3
    52.5x5

Under Hand Grip Rows
    Worked up to 50kg by 5kg in sets of 15.

Chins
    +10kg 8x3
    Pull up x 10bw

Feet Elevated Push Ups
    2 sets of 20

Clap Push Ups
    3 sets of 10.

Maxing out on incline just wasn't happening today so reps it was. Tomorrow was supposed to be a rest day but I might do the incline again.

Rows were good just getting used to doing them and keeping the reps high.

Claps are a good way to finish off a session, attempted the flying push up:) nearly there:pac:

RE Lower Yesterday

Deadlift Conventional
    60x8x2
    70x8x2
    80x8x2
    90x8x2
    100x8x4

Each second set of deads was done standing on a 20kg plate.

Split Squats
    30 each leg with one foot on chair.

Some more sprint drills

Today RE Upper

Incline
    60x8x2
    65x8x2
    70x8
    75x5x5

Push ups: claps and feet elevated.

Chest Supported Rows
    80x10x2
    100x8
    80x10

Pull Ups
    bw x5
    +20kg x5

Chins
    bw x5
    +20kgx5
    +40kg x1:)

The chin was a really leg swinging chin but once the head goes over the bar thats it.

Incline is getting better, can defo take more weight so might stick one more round with the incline.

Looking forward to seeing what I can put up with the ME conv deadlift.

Have to get this back on track, I've been training as usual just haven't had time to log. Still following Westside, so now with a good bit more time on my hands I can start putting in some proper sessions.

Started this log in April and the progression so far hasn't been what I wanted:

(B/S/D/SP)@78kg
    Was: 100/100/140/60)

@81.5kg
    Now: (107.5/125/150/60)

I need to up the intensity of the sessions and start looking at getting the right nutrition in at the right times in order to start seeing some gains.

My shoulder press really sucks major balls, I will do a heavy pressing session on my RE bench day. Definitely need to get this moving.

I'll just have to plough head first into some hard sessions and get this weight moving! No point just fapping about with it.

Will train later tonight.

• Advertisement

RE Lower

Front Squat
    Bar x 15
    30kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10

Squat
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 7 x 5

Single leg squats... lots

Overhead squats
    Practiced these today, holy crap they're tough. The brush handle will be the only weight I use on these until they are right.

Pull Ups

Inverted Rows

Curls
    40kg x 10 x 3

Front squats felt good tonight, really sinking them in now, mainly due to the fact that I've been doing mobility drills every single day. Finally feel like they are working.

The squats were sickening, but I dont see why I shouldn't push the reps on this day. The single leg squats are a nice way to loosen up, weight on these soon too.

Goals for end of the year:

140kg squat.
    120kg bench.
    2 x bw deadlift.
    Weight: 85kg+

RE ish Upper Yesterday

Bench

60kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    80kg x 7 x 5
    60kg x 10

Pendlay Rows
    60kg x 10
    65kg x 10
    65kg x 10

Pull Ups
    Chins
    +15kg x 5 x 2

ME Lower Tonight

Mobility drills

Front Squats
    40kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 5

Squats
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    95kg x 5 x 7

Sumo Stance SLDL
    60kg x 10
    65kg x 10
    65kg x 10

My benching is coming along, going to keep the reps high enough to start getting some progress.

Chins are weak as fock, these have to be included in every upper session, one weighted then one for reps.

Squats feel good, I like the front squats at the start to loosen up. Sumo stance SLDL is a sum'bitch, really frying the hammers.

ME Upper

Cleans
    50kg x 5 x 2
    60kg x 3 x 5

Bench
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    85kg x 5 x 7
    90kg x 3 x 5

DB Rows
    25kg x 10 x 2
    35kg x 8 x 5

Pull Ups
    +5kg x 8,8,6

Chins supersetted with Dips
    3 x 5 @+15kg

Bench was tough but it is alot of reps so the volume will hopefully work in my favour.

For the DB Rows, I don't actually have dumbells, I just stick the plates onto the small crappy argos bar and collar them up. Works a treat.

Pull ups are getting better, still unsure what way to structure them.. either keep banging out reps or do a weighted 5x5 system and just keep adding. Same for dips. Might be something worth doing..

Last Night RE Lower

Front Squats
    50kg x 10
    60kg x 10 x 3

Squats
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 5
    80kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    95kg x 9 x 4

Sumo SLDL
    60kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    65kg x 10
    70kg x 10

Pull Ups

Chins

After the squats I was ready to call it quits but stuck it out to get some extra work on the hamstrings. Pull ups and chins are just to loosen everything out.

Pull ups are getting stronger too!

Today.. Hercules Club

RE Upper

Deadlift
    60kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    80kg x 10
    90kg x 10
    110kg x 5 x 3

DB Bench
    25kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    35kg x 10 x 2

Cable Row
    Worked to 65kg in sets of 10.

DB Raise
    10kg x 10 x 2
    15kg x 10

Lat Pull Down behind head
    Worked to 75kg in sets of 10

Changed the bar.. did the same again

Neutral Grip Chins

Dips

Stoked to have joined the club today. I'm like a kid in the candy store, the amount of weights/bars/Bells/machines/racks.... the list goes on and on.

I wasn't going to deadlift today but as the platform is there I felt it would be rude not too. The atmosphere in there too is something I've only seen a few times before, working in with people on the platform and seeing them push themselves gives you that extra bit!!

Can't wait to get back down there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

ah ur making me feel guilty/jealous now :P

ah ur making me feel guilty/jealous now :P

You shouldn't feel guilty... jealous yes!:pac:
    Maybe if you were able to get collected from there then you'd be allowed join?:p

nah my mum said she wouldnt stop me joining, its just she doesnt want me comin home in the dark :D, and cause i live on teh southside itd be a bitch of a drive, im gonna cycle out during the week and guage the distance!

nah my mum said she wouldnt stop me joining, its just she doesnt want me comin home in the dark :D, and cause i live on teh southside itd be a bitch of a drive, im gonna cycle out during the week and guage the distance!

We've all been in that position, if it's not one thing it's your mother eh!

I live south of the liffey too, its about knowing the quickest way to go! Where you coming from? Cycle would be a nice warm-up alright! Depends how far though?!?

im comin from dundrum, my current route walking wise would be balally luas to stevens green and then 20 minute walk to hercs :)

im comin from dundrum, my current route walking wise would be balally luas to stevens green and then 20 minute walk to hercs :)

The 16/16a would bring ya to dorset street then stroll from there?? Might be worth a try!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

The 16/16a would bring ya to dorset street then stroll from there?? Might to worth a try!

i dont think his mother will be letting get that bus for a while ;)

Last Night

Squats
    Worked up in sets of ten to 100 then..
    100kg x 5 x 7

Pull Ups
    Neutral Grip

Dips, 16,16,16

Rows
    Unsure of weight but did sets of 10.. tough!

Lat Pull Downs behind head
    80kg x 8 x 3

Felt very stiff after the squats so decided to do a loosen out session again and do the lower body stuff today! Seems like a wise choice as my legs/back felt grand today.

Today! Lunchtime:cool:
    Sumo SLDL
    70kg x 10 x 3

Leg Curl
    3/4 stack x 12 x 5
    Supersetted with Face Pulls

Leg Press
    150kg x 10 x 5

Deadlift
    Worked in 5s to 120 then..
    130 x 3 x 2
    140 x 2 x 1
    145 x 2 x 2

Deadlift feels okay, not great though. I think maybe 3 weeks of doing the deadlift assistance might help so thats the plan. Squat for a further 3 weeks then deadlift.

Tomorrow rest, the Friday at breaK will train again. Bench Saturday!!

bigstar wrote: »
    i dont think his mother will be letting get that bus for a while ;)

Yeah I seen that today... mother of jaysus... the luas driver cut from the wreckage!:eek:

Cardio will never be allowed go anywhere:pac:

feck the lot of ya, id cycle out tomorow but i have to plan my route, i get lost going to town so easily.

Today

Was taken through the Olymic Lifts and shown a feckin heap of exercises to increase flexibility. Pretty much spent over an hour doing all this.... turns out I've the flexibility of an ironing board...

Overhead squat: practiced this a good bit. With no warmup I can barely get into the squat but it improved.. well slightly. I'm coming forward though so hip/hamstring/knee/ankle mobility all needs to be improved. Have a few exercises that I'm just going to do any free second I have!

Looking forward to bench tomorrow!

overhead squats wreck my triceps for some reason, even with no weight on the bar! i get a real bad pain

overhead squats wreck my triceps for some reason, even with no weight on the bar! i get a real bad pain

Maybe your doing them wrong?? I'm not sure though... not going to put any weight at all on them until I have them nailed.. will take ages but there is no point doing them unless there done right!

well knowing me i probably am doing them wrong, but when i just put the bar into the top position, and then start to go down, they start to hurt so i just left them.

well knowing me i probably am doing them wrong, but when i just put the bar into the top position, and then start to go down, they start to hurt so i just left them.

Well then my friend.. my severly limited advice to you would be to practice these at home with a brush handle..

It seems to me that if there is any flexibilty issues then some part of the lift will be wrong.. hence injury or soreness.

Could be lack of shoulder flexibility.. did you mention it before that you have an issue there??

• Advertisement

well in general im like you, ironing board!

Advertisement