Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's Rock.. and a little bit of roll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Ha that be my belt alright, hanley copied it aswell, couldnt get his own one :P. Sweet set up! the bumpers look awesome.

Cheers dude it is a work in progress, getting some 10s in soon. Hopefully in the next week or two I'll get some rubber mats and start dropping them bad boys!!

Hmmm Hanley copying you??:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

yea obviously, i mean whose been lifting longer than who here? i was wondering if you had rubber mats or not, wasnt sure if tehy where in frame. looks like a real hardcore set up, you just need to get some bands now! where abouts are you based by the way :P

your tricep strength annoys me

It's all relative really.

I've been at bw exercises a long time so I should be good at them, I should really be better at them than I am now considering the amount of time I've spent doing them.

Your only 16 man, your strength annoys me!:)

my bw:strength ratio sucks, im 89kg i should be stronger!. I was looking at the national records though, and the deadlift in the 100 and 110kg for my age is actually really low like! i dont think ill be that far off come feb. I just really need to start piling on the pounds!. What you weighing in at now?

yea obviously, i mean whose been lifting longer than who here? i was wondering if you had rubber mats or not, wasnt sure if tehy where in frame. looks like a real hardcore set up, you just need to get some bands now! where abouts are you based by the way :P

I dont need no bands!!

Seriously though, the bands are deadly an all but probably not suited for the level I'm at now! I'll just stick to the ones in the club!

I have one huge mat, but I'm thinking of getting horsebox matting, apparently it is quite cheap and also good quality. Seen some UK sites that do them for about 25 blips for a six foot mat!

• Advertisement

my bw:strength ratio sucks, im 89kg i should be stronger!. I was looking at the national records though, and the deadlift in the 100 and 110kg for my age is actually really low like! i dont think ill be that far off come feb. I just really need to start piling on the pounds!. What you weighing in at now?

Weighed in today at 85 on the nose! That was around 12 bells today, so not as much food as I would have liked in me.

As far as Feb goes, I'm just going to concentrate on putting myself in the best possible position to make a decent total. So I'm not going to worry about making a weight or a weight class or breaking any records (well PBs must be set).

Just going to keep training hard and eating large!

IMO if you start worrying about weight classes/records before you have ever set foot on a competition platform you are probably doing yourself a disservice.

I thought you were 90+??

well i am 90+ and thats the 100kg weightclass, like the only weight changes ill make are if im within like 2-3kg of the weight class below me ill cut a tiny bit, but not enough to sacrifice strength

well i am 90+ and thats the 100kg weightclass, like the only weight changes ill make are if im within like 2-3kg of the weight class below me ill cut a tiny bit, but not enough to sacrifice strength

Yeah fair enough. I think my weight puts me in the 90kg class.

think so , its like 82.5kg -90kg 90kg-100kg 100kg-110kg and 110+

5/3/1 Day 4 Wk 2 Cycle 1

Power Cleans
    40kg x 2
    50kg x 2
    60kg x 2
    70kg x 2
    72.5 x 2 PB

Deadlift
    70kg x 3
    80kg x 3

90kg x 3
    100kg x 3
    125kg x 3

When I locked out the third rep at 125 my lower back went in to a spasm and just locked up! Could barely walk after it, serious pain.

Got a shot of Difene into the ass and have the pills. Will not be able to do anything for the next three days, maybe a swim on Sunday.

So next week is a complete write off. I will probably go into cycle 2 of 5/3/1 the following week but I will definitely set my deadlift lower. Maybe to 135. I also think that sumo will have to take a rest for a while and just use conv. The reason I'm going to drop back on weight is the top set of the past two weeks did just not feel good. If I continue with this weight I will hit a plateau in the first or second cycle which is just pointless.

Raging that this happened today, but I think it is time I took a proper week of rest!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Wasn't your deadlift max 150kg? Did you loose a lot of strength or something?

Hope you get over it quickly.

BossArky wrote: »
    Wasn't your deadlift max 150kg? Did you loose a lot of strength or something?

Hope you get over it quickly.

Thanks Boss.

I don't know what is going on with my deadlift tbh it just doesn't feel good. I think I just need a break from deadlifting and then hopefully back at it!

Today

Swim: 16 lengths.

Not breaking any records with the swim today but it felt really good on my back so I'll be back down tomorrow night. I really have to swim more often, at least once a week anyway from now on. Still not sure whether to renew the membership in Carlisle, 225 for one or two swims a week.

Back is slowly coming around, I'll try stay off the difene today and see how it goes. I think a good solid walk will loosen it out some more too.

I might try some light bench stuff on friday and then maybe some squats on Saturday.

Deload stuff

Bench Floor Press
    50kg x 10 x 3
    60kg x 10

Chins: 25

Ab Stuff
    Hanging knee raises:eek:

Face Pulls with light bands.
    Power cleans with bands (probably not the right description)

Felt good to be able to get into the gym again today. Nothing special again today, just keeping it extra light. Itching to get back to the club.

The face pulls with the band was good but a bit awkward, it is one of the bands from physiosupplies. I'm considering getting one proper band from pullum so I can do these properly.

Hanging leg raises, jaysus, could barely get my legs up at all. Even with the knees bent it was very hard. I think I've found my ab exercise.

Light squat stuff on Saturday if all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Pavel66

What you doin back in the gym homeboy, I thought you were restin? Hope you are ready for Monday?

Might start a log of my own, if only to show people what you are really doing!:D

Hoping to get 12 out of 95 on the bench on Monday!

Pavel66 wrote: »
    What you doin back in the gym homeboy, I thought you were restin? Hope you are ready for Monday?

Might start a log of my own, if only to show people what you are really doing!:D

Hoping to get 12 out of 95 on the bench on Monday!

You'll only show me up!:)

I'll be there tomorrow with bells on!

85 for 10 if all goes well.

Yesterday

Pull Ups
    8,8,18ish have a vid of these.

Chins
    3 sets of 5.

Squats
    50 x 5 x 2
    60 x 5

Inverted Rows

More ab work.

Today
    Swim.

Just easing back into the squats. They felt okay, I think I know why my lower back is so fried after squats. Going to address this on Tuesday.

Swim was tough today: 50m as many times as possible with 90 second rest in between. Did this for 30 minutes then a few slow ones to cool down.

5/3/1 Day 1 Wk 1 Cycle 2

Bench

Bar x 10
    40kg x 5
    60kg x 5

65kg x 5
    75kg x 5
    85kg x 11 PB

60kg x 10 x 3

Neutral Chins

Rows
    90 x 12
    100 x 15ish

Every weight on the bench felt heavy, could not get right at all. It was about 3 reps into the 85 that everything clicked and I got through the set fine. I think 12 was there but it'll be something the aim for the next time I'm at 85.

Chins and rows were good. I will most likely add weight to the chins in the next time I'm at them.

Squat tomorrow. 95 for reps. 10 will be nice!!

5/3/1 Day 2 Wk 1 Cycle 2

20 min warmup/back stuff

Squat

Bar kg x 10
    40kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    70kg x 3

75kg x 5
    85kg x 5
    95kg x 12PB at weight

Some stretching...

As with the bench yesterday, the first two work sets felt terrible and the first few reps of the top set were tough. Once I got to 5 it clicked again and the set felt good, even 12 wasn't all all out!!

My abductor area is still seriously tight, so some serious stretching/foam rolling tonight.

Tonight: Swim

Going to keep this Tuesday swim up for a good while.

Carlisle is officially the busiest place in the world!

• Advertisement

5/3/1 Day 3 Wk 1 Cycle 2

Band Pull Aparts
    Lots

Military Press
    Bar x 5
    30kg x 5

40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    50kg x 13 PB

Dips
    Supersetted with
    Face Pulls
    15kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    30kg x 10

I got 12 with 50kg last time around:) And there was one rep left with the 13, so 14 is the target when I'm at 50 in the next cycle.

Dips and face pulls were good, dips felt a bit tougher this week than the last time. As the MP weight goes up I guess they will get tougher too!

Deadlift tomorrow... I'm going back to the first cycle for the deadlift with the max reset to 140. I'll have an extra bit of time tomorrow too so I won't have to rush through sets.

I was scheduled to deadlift today. The warm-ups went okay, but 70kg x 5 just wasn't right. There is still alot of stiffness and some pain on the left side.

There is no point pushing through this for some short term gain and getting a long-term injury.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm not going to deadlift for the next three weeks and focus on lower back/glute/hamstring exercises on the deadlift day. I will also be doing a lot of prehab/rehab stuff to sort it out. Hopefully this is what is needed and I can move past this.

Anyway today's stuff was:

Reverse Hyper
    2.5kg 15 x 5

Hypers
    6 x 10
    One set of 30.

Pull throughs
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    30kg x 12
    20kg x 12

Standing Ab Pull Over? (Back was to cable)
    15kg x 15 x 2
    20kg x 6:confused:
    20kg x 15

Facing Cable
    20kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    40kg x 10

The standing ab pull over/down thing is the way Kevpants does them in his video except I stand out from the machine without bracing myself against anything. Very tough.

Pretty racked off with this injury!!:mad:

This Morning

45 Degree Hyper

Swim

The 45 Hyper feels very good on the hammers, going to get 4 sets of 20 next Saturday.

Might do some benching later/tomorrow morning.

Saturday

Messed around with bench lockouts and some board stuff.

Today
    5/3/1 Day 1 Wk 2 Cycle 2

Band Pull Aparts
    Loads

Bench
    Bar x 10
    60kg x 3 x 2

70kg x 3
    80kg x 3
    90kg x 9PB

Pull Ups

Rows
    90 x 10
    100 x 10
    110 x 8

10 was so close on the bench, I nearly had it locked out but it just wouldn't move!! 9 is still a big PB at this weight, so happy enough with that.

Pull Ups and Rows were as usual, just need to keep hammering away with these.

Squatting tomorrow after physio:)

Tonight

Swim

25m x a shed load

Physio went alright.. out of squat/deadlift action for about two weeks anyway. Pissed off that I won't be able to do the club championships but there ya go. I'll see if I can bench at it anyway!!

For the next two weeks swimming is the main course of action.

I'll still press ahead with the bench and MP with 5/3/1.

To be ready to rock at the single lifts is my goal!

Going for a swim:pac:

5/3/1 Day 2 Wk 2 Cycle 2

Band Pull Aparts

Military Press
    30kg x 3
    35kg x 3

40kg x 3
    45kg x 3
    52.5 x 10 PB

Face Pulls
    20kg x 10 x 3

Lat Pull Downs
    5 sets

Happy with the press today, 52.5 by 10 is another big rep PB. Looking forward to getting some weight PBs with this.

Going to do some light light squats/deads later.. just getting the movement done again.

Light stuff...

SLDL
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 8 x 3

Squats
    Bar x 10 x 3.. wider than usual

Free Squats
    Loads

Chins/Hanging Knee Raises

Stretchin stuff

Face Pulls with Yellow Resistance Band.

Forgot to do the Reverse Hyper in the gym today, I'll get a few sets done on Sunday.

Happy to actually be able to do SLDLs!

we are fairly even on mp atm! :P

• Advertisement

we are fairly even on mp atm! :P

Yeah I just checked your log there, 50 x 11!! Pretty good.. I have 55 on the bar next week so I'm hoping for 8 reps with that.

Your deadlift looked good, more in the tank too!

Are you testing your maxes for 5/3/1 or just for flicks and giggles!!

Advertisement