Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manchester utd V/S Arsenal

Options
  • 28-04-2009 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

What will be the score can i bet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The winning one, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

dblstudent wrote: »
    What will be the score can i bet?

wtf!

speak english proper help for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

here flue swine flue sufferin think !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭stevood

Arsenal are a team playing well but with their defensive frailties I think they will concede. United have conceded recently, 4 clean sheets from nine (not great opposition) suggests there is a goal there for Arsenal.

Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10

A possible long shot of Arsenal h/t United f/t @ 25/1

Or Arsenal to lead at half time and fail to win @ 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

stevood wrote: »
    Arsenal are a team playing well but with their defensive frailties I think they will concede. United have conceded recently, 4 clean sheets from nine (not great opposition) suggests there is a goal there for Arsenal.

Given your theory here you'd probably be safer backing 'Both teams to score' at 1.95 as opposed to Over 2.5? Just a suggestion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

stevood wrote: »

A possible long shot of Arsenal h/t United f/t @ 25/1

They've been leading against Chelsea, pool, United at half time this season and have failed to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Think I'll go for a 1-1. These first legs tend to be tight. I can see Arsenal coming away from this game with a good result, I think at worst an away goal and a one goal loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A nice looking bet worth a couple of quid perhaps:-

Evra to be booked first @ 12/1

He looked very sluggish against Spurs and was done by Lennon several times. He'll be facing a similar player tonight in Theo Walcott who might even be quicker than Lennon. Can see him causing some problems and I wouldn't be surprised to see Theo get in behind Evra and the frenchman have little option but bring him down, or perhaps just misstime a tackle.

At 12/1 I think its worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Morzadec wrote: »
    A nice looking bet worth a couple of quid perhaps:-

Evra to be booked first @ 12/1

He looked very sluggish against Spurs and was done by Lennon several times. He'll be facing a similar player tonight in Theo Walcott who might even be quicker than Lennon. Can see him causing some problems and I wouldn't be surprised to see Theo get in behind Evra and the frenchman have little option but bring him down, or perhaps just misstime a tackle.

At 12/1 I think its worth a punt.

Good shout methinks might have a cover bet on Gibbs aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 45,553 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Under 1.5 goals 3.35 on betfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

United 2-0 @ 8.6
    United 3-1 @ 19
    Rooney 1st scorer @ 8

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

MOD NOTE Re:
    soundsham wrote: »
    wtf!

speak english proper help for
    here flue swine flue sufferin think !

Board.ie is more than just an Irish forum now. We have posters from all over the world whose first language may not be English. They should be commended for having the confidence to start a thread on a 'foreign' forum and not be ridiculed as above.

Please show a little common courtesy in future.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

How do you know he's foreign?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I went with evra 1st to be booked also. Just read on BBC that tevez got booked. I didn't see him get booked watching it! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

he got booked when he collided with almunia, a bit harsh if you ask me.

Anyone get o'shea first scorer????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea that was a 50:50 challenge. Didn't deserve a booking imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 lilywhites1982

According to this mornings papers there seems to be a split in the camp whether Ferdinand will be fit next week. Some papers saying he will some don't know and some saying he definitely will. I believe this will have a massive bearing on the match, so don't have any bets guys until we know the squads for the match.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw if Ferdinand plays, with United going through to the final on the aggregrate goal!

Advertisement