Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange phone number ringing me?

• 28-04-2009 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Strangest number has been ringing me today: +0000000000. At 3 different times today [so far] it's phoned me. Twice I answered. Both times I said hello maybe two or three times and then they hung up the first time, and I hung up the 2nd time. Just wondering if anyone has had any phone calls like this? Not gonna say I'm deeply worried, but it's a bit annoying and freaky to be honest! Would like genuine replies, [yes yes I know this is AH, but I didn't know where else to post this]. Thakns.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could have tried the Mobiles Forum but the answers to your question will probably be as useful here as they would there.

It's probably a switchboard in a company or someone using Skype or something calling you. You have no way to trace it (short of going to the Garda, them getting court orders, etc) so just live with it unfortunitly.

Anyways .. IT'S YORE MA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Special K

Great, thanks for that. Where is the mobile forum? I looked but didn't see any place appropriate. My bad. Am sure the mods will feel free to move it. Whilst I have someone reading, any idea how to delete a thread???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Probably an automated dealio from some company you're a customer of - wouldn't worry about it.

Great thanks for that. Don't understand why they didn't speak though!!! one call was 12.30pm and then 5.30pm and then 8.00!! :(

Mobiles forum is here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=411

You can find it under Tech > Consumer Electronics.

It's also all over my signature! ;)

Why would you delete this thread now that the question is answered? Do you not want to share your results with others in future? :)

• Advertisement

Special K wrote: »
    Great thanks for that. Don't understand why they didn't speak though!!! one call was 12.30pm and then 5.30pm and then 8.00!! :(
    But if it's automated, it's just a machine. Could also be a fax machine.

Dudess wrote: »
    But if it's automated, it's just a machine. Could also be a fax machine.
    But why didn't it speak to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Random wrote: »
    But why didn't it speak to him?

Because it's a machine and as such is incapable of conversation.

Jigsaw wrote: »
    Yah but he said hello?

:D
    Special K might be a girl though...

OP, if it rings again, leave it ring out and check if a message is left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

Jigsaw wrote: »

and love... :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH. Appreciate the helpful replies from my AH folk too. Gold star to all of you.
    *hugs*

Thanks lads [and ladies]. For the record I'm a girl. A woman in fact! I've heard of these numbers that eat your credit when you answer, so am just wary that it could be some sort of scam, but as for the moment I've not noticed any credit disappear.

Also, Random, no I don't want to delete this particular thread, but was just wondering for future reference as I don't know how to and remember trying to before!!

Finally, what's the point of an automated machine and such phoning my number if it doesn't say anything? I said hello 3 times the first time and then it hung up. I hung up the 2nd time as I was annoyed. I don't like anonymous calls!!

Moved from AH. Appreciate the helpful replies from my AH folk too. Gold star to all of you.
    *hugs*
    Thanks. Sorry, I did do a quick search but didn't know where to posties :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ring them back.....

Oh fantastic, now I have to act all responsible .. thanks so much!

How does he get the fax machine to talk? ;)

Rights lads - serious answers only!

+ edit
    Nevermind, seems a couple of actual answers have been edited out too! Question answered, we'll just leave this locked :)

The OP just PM'ed me to say he solved his problem (Mobiles 1 - 0 AH ;) )
    "Haha ye won't believe it, number rang just there AGAIN. My heart was in my mouth - fearing the whisperer people were coming from me. Was expecting to see pebbles left for me! [Anyone who has seen Knowing will know what I'm talking about!] Anyway finally this time a foreign man asked if he was speaking to Ms X, I say yes, and he said he was from H20 Ireland, asked me whether I rent/own my house, and if I use a water filter! Thankfully that was it! Phew! I can sleep easy tonight!! Thanks 2 all for replies

And there you have it, another satisfied customer :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement