Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rockers in RTE?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Well rocking kings/queens....

was on this scrapmetal tour thing,.,,and have to say was a howl!! ahha will be shown in the autumn over 5 nights on rte2,,some great musical fun on it...we went out 2nd night...which wasnt so bad as i hadnt gigged with the ireland maiden lads before and the new second guitarist only had a week to get up to speed,,,,so overall was a triumph just to even get there!!

standard of bands was much better than i expected,,special mention to the rubber plants and mettalitia but the user illusion and thunderstruck guys were also veryy good...some great fun in hotels and tour bus also....

anyway am glad i did it now....some good things may well come from it all...the final is this thursday night in the button factory,,am going along to see it myself...will be a great night for sure.

ciao' amigos....Baggio

ps what we REALLLY need is a RUSH tribute band involved...now THAT would be something hahah ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I'll keep an eye out for that. Sounds cool.
    I remember they used to have Korn's "Freak on a Leash" for the top 30 singles program.

ps Count me in if there was a rush tribute band. I'd be all over it like <insert rush related gag here>

nice one LD...heheh will keep ya in mind! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Unfortunatly, I think we'd be in competition against each other. I play drums aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Switchead

the tribute band metallitia are excellent, i'll be watching that program just to see how they got on, i did however see them first hand being extremely rude to their support acts afew times down the years as i had mates in bands that supported them, they got on as if they thought they were metallica...

and speaking of metallica, i remember master of puppets on an rte ad a few months back alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Any idea what month this is going to be broadcast ?????
    will be away for the bulk of Sept - but would definitely like to see it.....

as for Metal is TV programs - just turn on Sky Sports, I know RTE have had a lot more metal in ad's an incidental music, but jaysus Sky Sports just has Ac/Dc and Metallica through everything, watchin the golf now and they've had a tonne of Ac/Dc through the week.....

I remember Decide were in Aly McBeal years ago - don't know why, or if they were actually shown on the show - think it was just in the background, but I think especially in US shows now Metal is everywhere in soundtracks, so was only a matter of time before the TV companies started adding the music to ads etc....

NIBBS...not really sure...but they said would be the Autumn,,, my guess would be when the clocks go back and everyone is fed up with the new long dark evenings, and they'll put it on there for something "interesting" to look at while we all get down over being nearly back in winter again!...so probably late october would be my guess....

ciao' amigo....baggio....

Baggio wrote: »
    NIBBS...not really sure...but they said would be the Autumn,,, my guess would be when the clocks go back and everyone is fed up with the new long dark evenings, and they'll put it on there for something "interesting" to look at while we all get down over being nearly back in winter again!...so probably late october would be my guess....

ciao' amigo....baggio....

cheers man,
    will keep an eye out for it.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Motley crues wildside was on nationwide....

Motley crue....nationwide WTF? last programme id expect to hear motley.

was just watchin a recording of Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow earlier and the first comedian came out to Ac/Dc and the second Slayer - the times they are a changin.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement