Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco 2610 Ethernet Wan Modules

Options
  • 28-04-2009 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

does anyone know off hand where i'd be able to get my hands on a set of Ethernet wan modules for a cisco 2610?

I'm new to cisco hardware and i really don't want to buy some equipment and discover i've bought the wrong things

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

www.ebay.co.uk is where I get all my cisco lab bits.

The module your looking for is a NM-1FE-TX (Single port, copper Fast Ethernet).

Heres an example from a power seller I have bought from before (UK based, so wont be stung for customs+vat) - http://tinyurl.com/cuao78

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

Do you know if cisco make them with Dual wan ports? I have two internet connections and would love to load balance them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

According to this page...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

The 2610 supports the NM-2FE2W module also (2*FE and 2*WIC slot).

You can find them on ebay also, but most of them at the moment are only available from the states, so you might get stung for customs+vat.

Wait a few days and keep running a search - you might get a UK/EU based on pop on there.

More pricey though (likely at least twice the price as the NM-1FE modules).

EDIT -- Does the 2610 you have not come with 1 or 2 10MB ethernet ports on the back already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Hmmm... I might have a NM-1FE-TX lying around but I won't get to check until the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

iRock wrote: »
    Hmmm... I might have a NM-1FE-TX lying around but I won't get to check until the weekend.

If you did that would be awesome, i'm gonna be out of the country untill tuesday with no access to net but i'll be checking this when i get back

• Advertisement
Advertisement