Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two questions

Options
  • 28-04-2009 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

1). I have found a domain name that Id like to use that's already registered. However after a doing a whois on it I can see the registration on it runs out on the 20th of May. I'm wondering what the deal is on getting this name once the registration runs out - will it immediately be available to register on the 20th May or will the current owner have a grace period to renew it before it becomes available again?

2). Im wondering about the type of data feeds/tickers for stock market data you see scrolling along the bottom of the TV screen on, say, Bloomberg for example. Is it possible to obtain one of these for a website and have it dynamically updating on your own screen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

they have a grace period (depends on registrar). followed by a deletion period of 30 to 45 days. then you can get it. during the deletion period its locked for everyone.
    it's like that for .com anyway

more than likely the owner/or their support will renew it before then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

bump.
    Please don't do that.

Advertisement