Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Hard Drive installation

Options
  • 28-04-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I have a HP pavillion dv8000 notebook and I purchased a new hard drive 250Gb to replace the 100Gb d drive which is one of a dual drive system on this machine. I have installed the part and it is not letting the machine boot up. I thought this was a simple enough procedure but if anyone can help i would be very greatful. I have checked its the right drive and not the c drive with the o/s on it.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

go into the laptops bios and make sure that the harddisk with your OS on it is the first to boot from?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Anyone an idea how I check which drive boots up first, not an idiot just need some directions thanks.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

You can find a troubleshooting manual for your laptop here. Chapter 2 is what you're looking for. To access your BIOS, press F10 when you boot up (press it repeatedly to be sure). When the BIOS loads, go through the menu's until you find one which covers drive boot-up options (Table 2-4 in the manual looks right). Then just check the right drive is being selected for boot-up, or re-order as necessary. If this doesn't help, you need to post more details of what exactly is happening during boot: error messages, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Pshemko

I have a HP pavillion dv8000 notebook and I purchased a new hard drive 250Gb to replace the 100Gb d drive which is one of a dual drive system on this machine. I have installed the part and it is not letting the machine boot up. I thought this was a simple enough procedure but if anyone can help i would be very greatful. I have checked its the right drive and not the c drive with the o/s on it.

B
    Maybe your laptop has RAID disc system. That's why is not working?

Advertisement