Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good electronic repair shop. Cracked USB on my gadget

Options
  • 28-04-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an 'AirNav Radar Box' which for ye that don't know is a home radar for watching live aircraft.

Just picked up and seen that the USB connection on the unit itself is after breaking off (don't know how this happened). I opened the unit making sure not to touch anything and have seen that its not badly broken and hopefully could be fixed easily.
    Is there anywhere in Cork preferably or somewhere else in the country i could send it to for repair.

Its an expensive device and would be grateful for all the info ye can give me.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm not familiar with the device but if it's anything like the method used on a Mobo USB port it should be very doable.

The USB port itself can be purchased from Maplin & it just needs to be soldered on to the PCB (Printed Circuit Board) provided it is not broken.

The existing port would need to be removed first of course but anyone hand with a soldering iron should be able to do that locally.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement